Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

A Suggestion to Improve AGC

Suggestions
GuitarBoy666  
17 Aug 2008 03:09 | Quote
Canada
I think some of you will know what inspired this idea, here it goes:

We should write down a list of rules that the members of the AGC Community to follow, and then narrow them down to rules that must be followed, and eliminate the ones that aren't as important (e.g. Swearing)

And then after the rules list is written down, there should be a "Three Strikes Rule" ... Get 3 strikes, you're band for a week. And if you get banned 3 times, it will be a month, and then 3 more times, it's permanent. Or something like that.

What do y'all think? Just a thought, it would be nice to have some order in this place.

My first rule suggestion:
No flaming other members, or their songs!
JustJeff  
17 Aug 2008 07:58 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Well, with all rules you should clarify for those who are not aware of what flaming is:

An Internet user typically generates a flame response to other posts or users posting on a site, and such a response is usually not constructive, does not clarify a discussion, and does not persuade others.

Some equate flaming with simply letting off steam, though the receiving party may be less than pleased. Similarly, a normal, non-flame message may have elements of a flame—it may be hostile, for example—but it is not a flame if its author seriously intends to advance the discussion. The word flaming is also sometimes used for long, intensive and heated discussions, even though insults do not occur.

1. No spam
2. Do not repeat posts
3. Do not deliberately "bump" your thread by posting in it.
(Where "bumping" is the process of posting in a thread to bring it to the top of the list of threads)
4. Refrain from personal attacks or flaming (definition above)
5. Respect the opinions of other individuals
6. Post related topics in their respective areas of the board
Phip  
17 Aug 2008 08:07 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
Geez, do we really need rules? Things are generally pretty good on this forum with minor exceptions from time to time but overall i think this is a well manored forum. I think we have a decent group of people here. There isn't going to be a pop quiz is there? Do i need to study tonight?
Phip
telecrater  
17 Aug 2008 09:04 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 8
yeah i agree with phip

I have trouble locating old threads so doing the repeat post is hard.

when ever you respond to a thread that could be bumping couldn't?

JustJeff  
17 Aug 2008 09:18 | Quote
United States
I guess you're not a big forum goer.

A bump would also be considered "necro"ing a post. Thus is the event in which a person posts in a thread of a decent age (Say 3-6 months).

Bumping would not be that big of a deal here, though some of the more active forums have problems of people posting in their own thread in order to keep it on top of priority.
CTown  
17 Aug 2008 11:24 | Quote
United States
Licks: 1
My vote is that we don't institute rules. They are restrictive and I don't see the need on this website. Overall, people are constructive and I think we all go here to learn from each other and become better musicians.

I'm somewhat of a perfectionist so I have yet to post any of my songs as they are all unfinished. But if anything I come up with sounds horrible, I don't want people pretending it's ok when it's not. As long as your opinions are honest, I will value them.

As long as everyone can be respectful of others (which normally they are on this forum) and abide by rules of common decency, we should be all good.
GuitarBoy666  
17 Aug 2008 13:21 | Quote
Canada
Hm, well maybe not necessarily "Rules" but I think that maybe if you are out of line enough then something should happen.

Since our community isn't huge yet, maybe when it gets bigger we should maybe have a FEW guidelines to follow...
Skold  
17 Aug 2008 13:32 | Quote
United States
Don't really need rules for US. We need rules for the newbies that come here, because they don't really know how things flow here.
BodomBeachTerror  
17 Aug 2008 14:05 | Quote
Canada
we may not really need them ON the forums, but maybe they could get a list of rules when they sign up
GuitarBoy666  
17 Aug 2008 14:16 | Quote
Canada
Skold I like your idea. I think that's a better one, since we already know how everything works and what we should/n't do.
EMB5490  
17 Aug 2008 16:59 | Quote
United States
agre wit phip but its nice to get critism on songs then eventuall u put a song in..every 1 says its gr8 wen it sucks
ThePusher  
17 Aug 2008 17:35 | Quote
Canada
Lessons: 3
I like the idea of guidelines being shown to noobs like baudelaire cause I've personally seen him piss off a few people, I'm not sure whether he's doing this intentionally or just because he doesn't know the way things go here but I'll give the benefit of the doubt, in conclusion if this were put to a vote I'd support guidelines with repercussions but not rules with punishments
Phip  
17 Aug 2008 19:12 | Quote
United States
@EMB
Criticism is tough, you want to be honest with someone who is starting out but at the same time you don't want to piss on the fire and put it out just as it is getting going. Constructive criticism is almost an art form. A little bit of bad news and some good news mixed together. I had an art teacher who could do this to perfection and she was one of the most beloved teachers i've ever known. She'd gently nudge you in the right direction while giving some praise.
I've seen some pretty harsh criticism on some recent posts and i feel the critic could have done better. I may tend to lean a bit in the other direction but my aim is to keep the artist enthused and willing to keep writing until the skill developes. Might be a Dylan lurking here and it would be a crime to break someone before they learn to fly.
that's my true feelings on critique and if anyone doesn't agree..........you'd be wrong...... LOL
Phip
EMB5490  
17 Aug 2008 20:33 | Quote
United States
all id want is aan honest opinion, thts all tht matters, if ur honest with me and tell me somthing off the bat, i wont get mad...unless it has somthn to do with me guitar
GuitarBoy666  
17 Aug 2008 23:40 | Quote
Canada
I like Pusher's idea as well, "guidelines with repercussions but not rules with punishments."

And I too just want an honest opinion on my work, not someone saying its awesome when its toal garbage.
ThePusher  
18 Aug 2008 06:53 | Quote
Canada
Thanks GB, I'm thinking guys like me and Skold might just need to tell other members when they're being twats though, Skold when you get his, I know we were bitches to eachother before but I think we're just both honest people
Skold  
18 Aug 2008 13:46 | Quote
United States
I completely agree, Pusher.
ThePusher  
19 Aug 2008 05:25 | Quote
Canada
Thanks man, are we buds now?
Skold  
19 Aug 2008 05:58 | Quote
United States
Handfive, brother.
ThePusher  
19 Aug 2008 06:27 | Quote
Canada
Skinslap, excelent, I didn't mean to be a dick before, I just hadn't "Freed my mind" in a while back then

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.