Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

honest opinion

General Chat
EMB5490  
15 May 2008 16:31 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
Licks: 1
i want ur honest opinion on my playing, no bs, be as critical as possible...then praise me like a dog who just learned to play fetch, lol jk bout th part. heres the vid.

also i used a bit too much distortion lol, im a distortion freak. i also tuned down. been playing for 3 months or so btw. like my picture of whitey ford in the backround phip? lol dang redsox fan.
soy.el.che  
15 May 2008 16:44 | Quote
Mexico
u just edited it... i had already searched it on youtube and found it...
your playing is very good for (the time youve been playing goes here)lol if its ur song, aint bad, but you used lot of distortion. seconds 30-32 of the recording sound to forced to me, and at the begining, i feel its lots of bends ther so it bored me
if the song isnt yours youre good. thats my critics for the first minute and a half of the vid
EMB5490  
15 May 2008 16:49 | Quote
United States
edited? if u mean i deleted another vid of me playing this, then yes. i didnt play with a backing track, if thts wut u mean. no lol its not my song, its skynyrd tuesday's gone, shame shame shame for not knowing it. and i felt tht at 10 secs it was forced, tht part acctually comes very easy for me.

the ending is bad, i skipped the chorus lol. and i messed up on the main riff, i made up for it tho.
GuitarBoy666  
15 May 2008 16:54 | Quote
Canada
You are waaaaay better than me at 3 months. All I could play was like G and thats it. You're pretty good though for how long youve been playing. There is a bit too much distortion though
soy.el.che  
15 May 2008 16:56 | Quote
Mexico
yep, at 3 months of me playing i just played all open strings with the rythm of a song and id say: hey ma, im playing this song!
lol.. bout the other thing, i had just saw the post and there was no vid, but the embed code incomplete, then i looked for the song on utub, when i was bout to post, there was the vid
EMB5490  
15 May 2008 16:56 | Quote
United States
ye...waaaay too much, it hurted the vid. it sounds better if im live lol. if i turn down distortion tho, it sounds like everythings fading, like its missing somthing.
league  
15 May 2008 20:09 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
I don't think theres too much distortion. You are right on track. I like your blues bends(too many in the beggining)Not many people try to play like that anymore. Your playing sounds nearly identical to mine when I was learning to play.( I am still learning)
Guitarslinger124  
15 May 2008 23:21 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 12
Licks: 42
pretty good actually...you may want to consider a metronome though...you loose the rhythm when you switch sections.
EMB5490  
16 May 2008 06:52 | Quote
United States
ye i know, thts cause i didnt use a backing track, i screw up a lot, and thts how the song goes, thers tons of bends, listen 2 it. also i think the rythm loss is b/c im doing these slow arrpegioes instead of just playing the chords out.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.