Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

battle of the bands

Battle of the Bands
EMB5490  
7 May 2008 18:25 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
Licks: 1
ye!who died and made u king? well not stefen king....u no wut i mean!!! my idea!!!all mine...im sueing both of u and soy for copyright infringment....and errr....anything else i can think of...first things first...wut does infringment mean lol, im jk of course...*priv msgs phip: wut does it mean again?* btw...trump has fired u!!!i am the king of the hill!!! u are fired!!!

ok...in all seriousness, i think it was a good idea setting some ground rules, let me ask, some of use dont have drummers or drum machines, and some of us have absolutly horrible voices...me...and wish to use the original recording. is this ok?

idk the name of my band
band members: gary rossington, aka les_paul, allen collins aka EMB5490 (yes wer doing a skynyrd song!)
and im pretty sure were both beginners, i know i am!

should we enter the song names, or make it a suprise?
Doz  
7 May 2008 18:39 | Quote
United Kingdom
There are way to many threads on this, I think the admin should clean up the ones that aren't needed.
Phip  
7 May 2008 18:40 | Quote
United States
@EMB5490
have your people call my people! lol

you can post the band, members, and skill in the original post. (i didn't make that clear) but ONLY that info. ok if you don't have a name for the band. list yourselves as beginner. you don't have to list your real names (prob best if you don't)just use your online names.
i have to make a judgement here about using original recordings. Nope, sorry dissallowed! (i feel like the IRS). the songs should be original. sorry, i know the feeling, i also can't sing for crap. you may use all kinds of sound effects but it wouldn't be fair if Lynyrd Skynyrd was your back up band. a suggestion is to lay down the vocal track and try some electronic manipulation. (it won't affect the other tracks)
you don't have to (and maybe shouldn't) list the song name. it's up to you but i am not looking for that info as a reply to the original post.
The Phip has spoken!
Phip  
7 May 2008 18:44 | Quote
United States
@Doz
yeah, you're right, too many. i'm trying to cut it down to one place for the band info. don't know what else to do. if we stop replying to the other posts they will eventually dissapear (sort of).
You done with your tests?
Doz  
7 May 2008 18:47 | Quote
United Kingdom
Tests?
les_paul  
7 May 2008 18:50 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 3
Licks: 2
I nominate Phip as the official rule guy for the B.O.T.B.
Phip  
7 May 2008 18:50 | Quote
United States
@Doz
i thought you had some college tests this month? yes/no mixing yu up with someone else???
EMB5490  
7 May 2008 18:52 | Quote
United States
after this thing we should delete the all the sections about it except the original one.

i dont have a drum machine?
also let me remind u this is a guitar forum!!! not a band forum. some of us have sped up holloween with our singing voices. not all of us play the drums...i am lucky i have my dad as a keyboardist...but he has a steinway...not a keyboard... im making a petion.

also to the admin, we should prob delete the polls on this subject 2. and maybe all the forums tht have either one post, or are asking nothing, and arnt being used. some tht answer questions should be left. some of us use tht stuff.
Phip  
7 May 2008 18:59 | Quote
United States
@EMB
that's why in the rules i am allowing drummers (or people with drum simulators) to play with any or all bands (for the purpose of drums only of course). i don't think it will become too big of an issue. remember the people voting are also learning guitar and understand the limitations of this experiment. you could ask someone like skold to lay down a drum track for you.
EMB5490  
7 May 2008 19:04 | Quote
United States
true, but what about the bass, and vocals. it also happens tht the song im doing has 3 guitar parts... i would like to use a backing track combined with the singer.
Phip  
7 May 2008 19:12 | Quote
United States
OYE!
sounds like you have a method of "pulling" the bass and vocal tracks from a song. i didn't realize it could be done. but, think about it, it just isn't fair to the others if you have a major recording artist as part of your song. one of two things end up happening..
1)everyone who can does it (those who can't feel slighted or disadvantaged)
2)nobody wants to compete against the beatles!
I don't know any way around this except to say the players MUST be members of this forum. Now....if you can get Paul McCartney to sign up............
EMB5490  
7 May 2008 19:16 | Quote
United States
err...no...i dont think it could be done lol.

i think either everyone agrees tht some bands will have some parts from the original recording artist, then we could do it, if one band feels they have all the parts and can beat the original version then go for it. if not every1 agrees to it, then wed have one section of backing, and one without. also the bands going up against the backing tracks should get a handicap, like a 5 vote favor, and no 1 should say, "i picked them because they had the most parts covered, and didnt have a backing track" they must understand tht they would be going up against the original band, with the parts the members play on this covered by them.
EMB5490  
8 May 2008 15:32 | Quote
United States
o btw i think my entry has to be on vid, does it really matter? i dont have a mic.
Doz  
8 May 2008 15:52 | Quote
United Kingdom
I'm sure it can't be palled right off the track, in a full form. It would be possible to sequance instruments using programs (and you could get away with drums and bass).
soy.el.che  
8 May 2008 15:53 | Quote
Mexico
EMB.. is there any way you can rip the audio track from a vid?.. i think thats worth to investigate..
Phip for president lol...
bout the bass.. if u cant get a real one, you should play it with a clean guitar and lower it an octave
Phip  
8 May 2008 17:54 | Quote
United States
@EMB
tell you what, if you use video and send it to me i can probably strip the audio track right off it and then send the audio file back to you for your approval.
EMB5490  
8 May 2008 19:04 | Quote
United States
kk.tnx

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.