8 Aug 2012 23:07 | Quote
Nepal
heyy dudes will u plz suggest somethin about glam rock...,
i have no any ideas about it.....
gshredder2112  
10 Aug 2012 02:00 | Quote
United States
Licks: 3
Glam? Well you probably want to start with the roots of glam. Ya got artists like David Bowie,alice cooper,(possibly) mott the hoople.Then move on to poison,Warrant,motley crue. Virtually any bands from the 80's.
Empirism  
10 Aug 2012 12:22 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
Hanoi rocks (check the history too)

and Mike's new stuff...

they are true pioneers of the clam rock and bands like Gun's n roses, Ratt and many others took influences and inspiration back in the day... worth check it out...
telecrater  
11 Aug 2012 17:42 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 8
Wow, Michael Monroe and Hanoi Rocks that really takes me back. I used to love these guys.

I always thought Glam Rock was more traditional roots rock and roll mixed with make-up. Some of the bands did it right, like Hanoi Rocks and let the music be the focus and the makeup was an added bonus.

Then the tides changed and it seemed makeup became more of a focus. Every band tried to out do each other.

Glam rock came from the roots of shock rock. Alice Coopers, Kiss, David Bowie, were pioneers.

I'll say it takes a man who is real comfortable with his manhood to dress in make up and lace on stage.

Check out, Poison, Warrant, Guns N' Roses, L.A. Guns, Britney Fox, Cinderella, W.A.S.P, Motley Crue, and of course Hanoi Rocks.
macandkanga  
17 Aug 2012 12:04 | Quote
United States
Yeah. Glam Rock was an interesting phenomenon where roots rock met makeup like telecrater said. There were the originals like those listed above but then in the 80s almost all metal bands changed their look and sound to fit the times. Even Van Halen, Ozzy, Rush, Judas Priest, all had unisex hair and clothes. I even wore tight colorful pants and shirts with a teased hair do! I still love the sound from the 80s but don't miss the look.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.