Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Rock and Roll Revolution

General Chat
future_god_of_the_axe  
11 Jan 2011 03:34 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
hey, i thought you guys would get a kick out of this. I made an event page on facebook for 2020 titled: "Rock and Roll Revolution" this is it here http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=137502286311075

so i wanted to ask you guys, do you think there is going to be a rock and roll revolution in 2020? do you think rock and roll will ever get better? now i do understand that the underground scene usually has good music/ bands, and there might be some good musicians still running around, but im talking about the main image of rock and roll in the public eye, "Mainstream" if you wan't to call it that dirty word.
luthier  
11 Jan 2011 16:57 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
Idk...??.... By better that could mean drastically changing which may make it something that it isn't so it would then just be a different type of music all together. I don't know. Maybe,
Domigan_Lefty  
11 Jan 2011 19:09 | Quote
United States
I'm guessing it's revolution as in overthrowing poop and crap at the top of the charts
shreadhead96  
17 Jan 2011 20:43 | Quote
United States
Hmmm, as a lover of underground music i would say lets keep good rock underground. If it becomes mainstream, its gonna start to suck again. Look it happened in the 90's: After Nirvana got blew up, they was a new band here and there. Not gonna lie, most of those bands sucked. Come on, Spin Doctors? Need i say more. During the 90's they only good rock bands after Nirvana were mostly indie/undeground. IE: Pavement, Neutral Milk Hotel, etc. Same as it is today.
future_god_of_the_axe  
18 Jan 2011 03:12 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
well yeah, but thats why i'm asking for a revolution. rock and roll has always been underground. the only time that it was ever really considered mainstream was in the 60's and a little in the 70's. but theres a few things that bother me. why can't rock be mainstream again like it was in the 60's and NOT suck? and even today's indie/underground scene is going in the toilet. now i'm not saying that we need to go back and try to copy the haydays of rock, that would be the worst thing to do, but we do need to go back to the roots of rock and roll and evolve it into a new form of rock that still holds the soul and integrity that gave rock and roll it's name and fan-Dom. because it seems rock today has evolved into something completely different, WHICH IS NOT A BAD THING AT ALL, in fact, its what rock needs. but the direction that it has chosen to evolve in is clearly not the right direction to go in. i keep seeing posts and hearing kids,teens, and adults say that "today's music sucks" and even going on to say that rock is dying. and i find myself screaming inside saying "THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!" thats what i'm doing, im not just sitting back and "hoping" that rock gets better, im going to pick up my guitar and play until my fingers bleed and my soul is literally pouring out of my speakers. and if i don't make an impact, if the revolution never kicks off, then at least i know i tried. thats what im hoping today's generation decides to do as well. and if you don't think that an army of kids can completely change the face of rock for the better, then what the hell do you think happened in the 60's?
macandkanga  
18 Jan 2011 15:20 | Quote
United States
I've seen this basic topic covered here time and time again and for good reason. One thing I can say for a fact is that this topic will never die. When I was a kid in the early 70's my parents used to say, "music today sucks". I remember saying in the 80's, "music today sucks" and in the 90's and to this day! I don't think it's the music as it is the music industry. If you're just listening to what the major labels are marketing to us, you're gonna be disappointed. It's getting worse and worse. There is a formula that industries in general live by: "Do more with less". The music industry is nothing different than any other industry.

This is why I come here and other places on the web. To find music that musicians like. Not music a 13 year old girl wants her mom to buy for her.
shreadhead96  
18 Jan 2011 18:15 | Quote
United States
macandkanga says:
Copy and Paste quote here!

AMEN!!
coleman  
19 Jan 2011 00:26 | Quote
United States
kill the music industry!
luthier  
19 Jan 2011 09:20 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
shreadhead96 says:
macandkanga says:
Copy and Paste quote here!

AMEN!!

Thats a funny thing to amen.
shreadhead96  
20 Jan 2011 18:24 | Quote
United States
luthier says:
Copy and Paste quote here![Thats a funny thing to amen./quote]
my bad, i ment to amen his actually quote

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.