Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Avid Mbox

General Chat
Reinhardt  
24 Dec 2010 11:38 | Quote
South Africa
I wanna start doing some recordings on a decent level and hope to be able to go pro one day, have been recording for about 2 years now but with different programs ect. . .
Im looking to buy the Avid Mbox Pro tools, anybody got some experience with this product?
http://www.avid.com/US/products/Pro-Tools-Mbox
case211  
24 Dec 2010 12:34 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 6
I don't personally own an Avid Mbox, but I do have a small fastrack box by M-Audio. I will say this, after I traded one of my guitars for it, the quality, clarity and overall tone of my guitars during recording(into the computer DI) has gone up 100x. It's definitely one of the best trades I've ever done, so for home recordings done 'cheap' I would definitely say yes to getting that. It will be very very useful for a long time.
Reinhardt  
24 Dec 2010 15:13 | Quote
South Africa
Sweet man, Yea i have read some good reviews about it! I guess the better you are with the mixing and mastering the better the end result would sound! Maybe a professional recording even :)
case211  
24 Dec 2010 17:28 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 6
well, first step in getting a better quality end product, is the actual recording, so buying this box(or something similar like mine) will definitely take care of most of the recording issues most will have(miking amps, guitars, noise levels, microphones themselves).

Good luck man, I hope you can record something for us soon! :)

case
neomass1  
24 Dec 2010 18:35 | Quote
United States
I was looking into the fastTrack Good to see that its being used and sound great when I hear other people liking it, I think I'm going to get it as soon as I got the $$$.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.