Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

electronics help

Instruments and Gear
steveo182  
1 Sep 2010 12:17 | Quote
my bridge pick up cuts out almost completely when its switched on to it. I looked in the back of the guitar and all the wiring seems to be soldered down pretty solid. Is it something wrong with the pick up? Should I take it out and see whats up? I really do not want to pay to have it fixed if its something minor.

Thanks
macandkanga  
1 Sep 2010 12:28 | Quote
United States
Maybe something wrong with the switch. Are they active or passive? Is there a battery? What kind of guitar?
tinyskateboard  
1 Sep 2010 13:30 | Quote
United States
+1
I got a used Les Paul recently that had that problen so I got a new switch and it solved the problem.

Pickups are delicate so if you examine them be very careful not to pull on tape.
Domigan_Lefty  
1 Sep 2010 19:56 | Quote
United States
@tinyskateboard
Really? Ive beaten the **** out of my pickups, taken them apart, dropped them, and nothing is wrong with any.

@steveo182
Your pickups appear to be active. Is the battery dead/dying?
tinyskateboard  
2 Sep 2010 11:52 | Quote
United States
Depending on how far you get into them during an "examination". If you rip the thin wires that make the pickup a pickup, things will not be good.

My EMG's are pretty bulletproof but here is nothing to examine if something went wrong except 'are the wires attached?".
steveo182  
2 Sep 2010 19:29 | Quote
Its a schecter c1 plus...passive pickups, I bet it is the switch... my neck pick up used to cut out if i didnt lightly switch over. Or some times I had to switch them on and off 2 or 3 times for it to work... then i took the back plate off to see and thats when the bridge pickup stopped working.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.