Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Introducing Jay Rave-On

Music and Bands
Afro_Raven  
1 Mar 2010 12:32 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 1
The wait is over! Introducing the debut single from notorious sheep-hop rapper Jay Rave-On, "Giant Steps [feat. The Police & Ainsley Harriott]", taken from the Grammy and Mercury nominated album "Utterly Gangsta, Throroughly Ghetto".

Warning: this raptastic thinker is more than your typical cider drinker...
Giant Steps [feat. The Police & Ainsley Harriott] by Jay Rave-On

Enjoy!
Empirism  
1 Mar 2010 14:27 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
Erhm... Since Im quite tabula rasa with this kind of stuff... but still I think Im lucky that I didnt waited...

Ive heard a little east coast and little west side style o stuff, some I like some I not, because Im just a listener and for me there have to be some hooks if you know what I mean.

What I dig in hop or rap (hop mainly) is how groove they are, for me this was not. Lyrically it was ok, but nothing big imo so it makes me wonder what we was supposed to waiting for? :P

but anyway as I say, Im not appropriate to analyze this, so please enlighten me :)

Anyway, thanks for sharing XD
Empirism
GuitarGeorge  
1 Mar 2010 16:06 | Quote
Licks: 3
I love the British accent! :D Cool song too!
BodomBeachTerror  
1 Mar 2010 20:30 | Quote
Canada
Lessons: 2
Licks: 1
pretty cool. ive never really gotten used to british rappers. in my country rappers are black guys in baggy clothes with a magnum stuffed down there pants.
deefa  
2 Mar 2010 06:52 | Quote
United Kingdom
Nice one Afro. I've just had to change my underpants! I don't think some of our 'non-British' friends got it though.
Afro_Raven  
2 Mar 2010 10:40 | Quote
United Kingdom
deefa says:
I don't think some of our 'non-British' friends got it though.

Thanks Deefa, and yeah I totally agree. I think the humour and irony doesn't translate into other countries well, particularly that the song is supposed to be parodic, not serious, and that at least part of the humour is coming from the fact that I'm not a good rapper, nor pretending to be.

The fact that the subject matter is perhaps the least well-suited to gangster/hip-hop style is of course humorously ironic, but as you and I know our Yank friends have always had an issue with the meaning of 'irony' (look up 'Alanis Morrisette' for confirmation)!!

For those of you who don't quite get it, try listening with the idea that it's not supposed to be taken seriously :)

Jay Rave-On
Empirism  
2 Mar 2010 11:38 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
LOL, its you XD... well anyway, I give it another try... but I think I dont get it anyway... you know Im a man who laughs to jokes told in midday somewhere in the evening...if they are told by foreign language...well...XD

Cheers!
Empirism

Ps... someday you should enlighten me for that :P
Schecter_player  
2 Mar 2010 12:01 | Quote
Canada
I thought the vocab was funny, not your typical rapper's word choice.
Afro_Raven  
5 Mar 2010 10:23 | Quote
United Kingdom
Thanks man, I tried to make it sound as awkwardly non-rap as possible, while still sounding like it fitted within that overall genre.
deefa  
10 Mar 2010 08:59 | Quote
United Kingdom
I've just had a listen to that Anus Morrisdancer. Your quite right. Irony is not her fort`e!

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.