Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

silent noise entry

Music and Bands
BodomBeachTerror  
14 Jan 2010 12:34 | Quote
Canada
Lessons: 2
Licks: 1

heres my entry for RobChappers latest contest. it sounds good to me but im getting pretty poopy ratings, is there something wrong with it? not looking for a "gj" or a "nice riff" i actually want to know what the deal is
nater2  
14 Jan 2010 13:04 | Quote
United States
i think it might have to do with the backing track. it seemed like it had some kinda awkward rhythms. but you i thought your guitar part was great.
BodomBeachTerror  
14 Jan 2010 13:58 | Quote
Canada
well everyone got the same drum track, and most people are getting 4's and 5's. maybe because my stupid webcam was so off.
nater2  
14 Jan 2010 18:24 | Quote
United States
it was good until around 0:45 and then it got a little weird. just wonderin, what effects/amp are you using?
Phip  
14 Jan 2010 18:38 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
BBT,
I gotta agree with Nater......That drum track blows dead rats! You're playing is fine, maybe a little bit too repetetive? could that be it?
Phip
What is the url so we can compare with some of the other entries?
BodomBeachTerror  
14 Jan 2010 19:05 | Quote
Canada
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBHBwSrEg9w

check the related vids
deefa  
16 Jan 2010 05:05 | Quote
United Kingdom
I've had a look at some of the other competition entries and also the comp rules and requirements. I don't think there's any question re your own skill level, you look to be just as good if not better than some of your competitors. I'm thinking you might have put too much into it ie. What's being asked for is a good rhythm track. You've done that allright, but you've also put a good few fills in that's more associated with lead work. Just an observation, I might be on the wrong track altogether.
Best of luck anyway.
AlexB  
19 Jan 2010 02:49 | Quote
Mexico
Licks: 2
Hey man! dont know why i havent posted here yet

on these type of contests,many factors are taken in consideration,i checked your video and here is the critic,or the opinion of why i think you are getting low ratings

First,on these competition,audio and video quality is super important,you need direct recording (not from cam's mic) and a nice cam that can follow your movements perfectly,why? because the audience is on youtube listening and watching,and ppl want to watch a nice video with a nice sound,if not,videos are not taken seriously by the people,thus gaining you bad ratings.

also on the playing side,youve got some awesome ideas! just work more on the timing and the structure of your playing,youre doing great!"

i wont enter on this competition,even tho i love competitions,chappers competitions,or even chappers himself has lost my respect,for many reasons that i wont post here.

Still cheers man! Rock on!

Alex
BodomBeachTerror  
19 Jan 2010 11:24 | Quote
Canada
yeah i dont know what youtube did, i watched the video before i uploaded it and it was almost in sinc, then it wasnt even close.
AlexB  
19 Jan 2010 12:56 | Quote
Mexico
Licks: 2
Yeah also happens to me sometimes,its a common problem in youtube

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.