Nightmare  
13 Jan 2009 16:18 | Quote
Lebanon
I heard there's a pedal or something..
soy.el.che  
13 Jan 2009 16:24 | Quote
Mexico
Lessons: 1
theres an effect that supposedly makes it hear like an acoustic. i have it on a multiefect pedal, and it doesnt sounds like a real one, but gets the sound a lil closer than what a clean electric guitar does
brodyxhollow  
13 Jan 2009 16:25 | Quote
United States
yeah, boss has a pedal, you could probably find it on their website. its called giving the guitar a sex change. you can tell though that its not the same as an acoustic. i personally prefer going to other way and distorting an acoustic.
foogered  
13 Jan 2009 17:16 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 11
Piezoelectric pick ups.

They're going to be more expensive than any stomp-box that models an acoustic guitar, but they're going to be much, MUCH closer to what an acoustic guitar sounds like.

I don't know how much they'll cost, but the pick ups are built into the bridge of the guitar, so you'll have to find a bridge that comes with them and then have that installed (my best guess is probably anywhere from $150 - $250).

Looking at MusiciansFriend.com I see 4 different Stratocaster and Telecaster piezoelectric bridges. Just search for "piezo" and click on Accessories. They're all the way at the bottom.
GRX40  
13 Jan 2009 18:26 | Quote
United States
Licks: 1
Here is a demo of a guitar with a piezo system. He actually starts playing at around 45 seconds into it, and it does sound pretty good.

I think Piezo systems are made for most bridge types, including Tune-O-Matic (like a Les Paul), and some Floyd Rose type bridges, as well as the Strat and Tele like Fooger mentioned.
Musical_Magic  
13 Jan 2009 19:09 | Quote
United States

You can acctualy buy 3$ Piezo Transducer or a buzzer, the smaller buzzers...And wire them to a jack, and it works as a piezo pup
Musical_Magic  
13 Jan 2009 19:10 | Quote
United States
RA  
14 Jan 2009 10:12 | Quote
United States
speaking of this i have always heard that Parker Guitars where amazing and yet no one sells em in my state. so i was wondering if any one has played em and what the think about em
foogered  
14 Jan 2009 11:51 | Quote
United States
Parker's are where I first experienced Piezoelectric pick ups, and they are definitely great guitars. I've only been into one store that sells them (in Cedar Rapids, Iowa of all places). They dealt mostly in high-end acoustic guitars, but had a bunch of parkers lining a hallway in the back.

I would say it was very light, fast, and fairly versatile. They've always seemed to me like being very melodic, lead-style guitars, but the piezoelectric pick ups give them a nice clean sound as well.
RA  
14 Jan 2009 12:13 | Quote
United States
what interested me was there southern night fly and there hollow body electric series called jazz. did you try out either one? are they any good or is Parker just good for there solid body humbucker guitars? sorry about being a busybody I'm just interested, seeing that i would have to go to new york to play one

oo and what neck profile did they have?
foogered  
14 Jan 2009 13:25 | Quote
United States
'Fraid not, I believe what I played was a Parker Fly Mojo. I don't know too much about their other guitars.

Its neck was thin and flat (on both sides, similar to Ibanez's Wizard necks), might've had a little bit of radius, but not much. Everything about that guitar is thin and contoured to the human body. It was very comfortable to play.
RA  
14 Jan 2009 15:58 | Quote
United States
thanks
guitarmastergod  
14 Jan 2009 16:29 | Quote
Canada
there is something called a roland synth gr-20 with an acoustic setting on it, but its like $600 i tihnk its worth though cause theres lots of settings on it other then acoustic
Nightmare  
14 Jan 2009 19:03 | Quote
Lebanon
so how does the piezo system differs from the semi-acoustics?
foogered  
14 Jan 2009 19:08 | Quote
United States
Semi-Acoustic guitars will still sound like an electric guitar when played through an amp (assuming they're using standard magnetic pick-ups). It's all about the pick ups.

Piezoelectric pick-ups are different than regular magnetic pick-ups. If memory serves me, they use special materials (I think crystals) which can generate electric potential from the pressure created by the vibration of the string. I've read a little bit into electronics theory, but I'm not sure if that's entirely how they work. Anyway, the result is a more "natural" sound.
RA  
14 Jan 2009 21:10 | Quote
United States
yeah that is how they work and why they sound like acoustics because there source of sound is from the "physical" vibration where as magnetic pickups sounds are form magnetic and electrical vibrations.

i personal think that it should be used for much more then acoustic simulation though, but that based off speculation because i have only play a electric guitar with em once and even then it was for a short while. (I'm basing it off of the fact piezo's can pick up the high and low very well, as in magnetic, it focuses on the mids)

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.