Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

can't find anybody

Suggestions
patleh  
10 Jan 2009 20:26 | Quote
United States
Licks: 1
who wants to be in a band that does music to the likings of the who, the beatles, oasis, the rolling stones, the kinks. which is the music i want to do.

What should i do?
foogered  
10 Jan 2009 20:27 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 11
Arrange the songs for solo guitar and play them by yourself.
Phip  
10 Jan 2009 20:32 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
@ Patleh,
Put out the word. Next time you're in the music shop picking up some strings or something leave a card with your name and phone or email address and the artists you like to play and ask the clerk to post it up on the bulletin board. Also everytime you are with other musicians just put out the word. My guess is you'll get plenty of interested players.
Phip
brodyxhollow  
10 Jan 2009 20:51 | Quote
United States
craigslist is amazing as well.
MetaLHeaDDevil84  
10 Jan 2009 20:52 | Quote
United States
I have a problem finding people that are interested in the music I listen to. I listen to alot of metal. You know if there are boards to find people in your area that want to play?
Phip  
10 Jan 2009 21:08 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
@ brodyxhollow,
You are right about craigslist!
I just did a quick search on craigslist for my area and there a lots of people looking for players in all sorts of genre's. Very good suggestion.
Phip
brodyxhollow  
10 Jan 2009 22:07 | Quote
United States
ive actually met a lot of musicians on craigslist, its probably one of the best tools out there, and myspace.

i met my current band through craigslist actually. you click with some people, and some you dont. a lot of it has actually been we underestimated the distance sometimes of how far we were all apart. but you can very easily find someone with your similar interests.
patleh  
10 Jan 2009 22:24 | Quote
United States
Licks: 1
on craiglist everybody was 20 and i am only 14.

but so far the bars and restaraunts i've been playing at, i've been going by the name "The Wilmington Underground Experience".

so idk.....
Crunch  
10 Jan 2009 23:47 | Quote
United States
I'm looking forward to my upcoming years at University due to the lack of people playing music where I am now. I live in a very rural area and I know only a few people who play the standard rock instruments, and those I do know tend to be... not very good :( One of my best friends that I always used jam with moved to Seattle, so that's really put a huge damper on any collaborative music projects I had.

Also: Aaaaaanybody find me somebody to... LOVE!
brodyxhollow  
11 Jan 2009 11:52 | Quote
United States
it doesnt matter, if you put a posting up someone will respond. let them know that its a high school aged band, youd be amazed at how many people your own age use craigslist. and to be fair, im almost 21, and im playing in a band with 16 year olds. whne i was 18, i played in a band with 30 year olds, dont let age get to you.

another great tool is actually myspace classifieds, ive met a few people there too.

one final note, theres a website called join my band. theres an american version and a UK version, but its on the same page. the only problem is people dont check it out out that often.

http://www.joinmyband.co.uk/
league  
11 Jan 2009 19:24 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Craigslist is the best I've found so many bands and jammed with three of them.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.