Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

What do I do?

Beginners
les_paul  
22 Sep 2008 17:58 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 3
Licks: 2
I have been playing for about 10 months, I know that's not that long but I feel like I'm getting nowhere. I know a lot of chords and scales. I can come up with solo's and chord progressions and even write songs, but they are all just strumming chords. Like someone said in another thread it is getting very boring. I know not many people on this site like country music but that is what I'm into right now and I would love to be able to write music like this.

Listen to the guitar.

Kodi666  
22 Sep 2008 18:48 | Quote
Canada
That's some nice guitar.
I wish I could write stuff like that too!
baudelaire  
22 Sep 2008 19:16 | Quote
Brazil
shouldn't be too hard, there is nothing special about that music. it's generic and replicable. you might really like it, so i'd suggest just listen to all the other songs where the guitar is practically identical to this one, just arranged differently. then emulate it. take it apart, and rebuild it.
JustJeff  
22 Sep 2008 23:40 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
A lot of music nowadays is repetitive and influenced by one another. So, it shouldn't be that hard to find something that is identical to the one you put up.

And if you are getting mad because you've been playing for 10 months and you know a bunch of scales and chords and that's it? More than I knew 10 months in.

Really, you just need to keep playing: I hit the same brick wall about a year in. Then, about 3 months later, I broke through it and rocketed through learning a bunch of stuff. It happens :/
Empirism  
23 Sep 2008 10:16 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
I agree with Jeff, just keep on playing. I had same thing, but for me it helped when ive started to learn music theory side by side with guitar playing (too bad that I learn slow :D) For me it helped to get direction and motivation to keep on writing songs and therefore playing them.

try to find a band.
Heather  
23 Sep 2008 15:04 | Quote
United Kingdom
Licks: 2
Yes, keep playing we're all getting better in the end, even if we don't realize it. And, WOOHOO! Brad Paisly fan!

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.