Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

What do you fellers think of this progression?

Technique
Skold  
25 Jun 2008 15:18 | Quote
United States
Verse: G, D, Am, C

Pre-Chorus: Em7, A7, C, D

Chorus: G, D/Dsus4, Em7, D/Dsus4, C, D/Dsus4, G

Outro: G, A7, C.

-----------

I may just play the chorus chords on the outro.
telecrater  
25 Jun 2008 18:12 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 8
Seem fine but i might change up the A chords some you have A minor, A major 7. I liked the Verse with the A major domininate7 and with the high G.

I think you should twist the D in the pre chours maybe a D minor, or D9 or even and add9.

but you know it's your tune, i'm not sure what type of rthyum you have going on with it, and my suggestions may screw up your melody.

foogered  
25 Jun 2008 18:18 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 11
I like the A7 - C in the Prechorus, but the Em7 feels kind of strange to me. I agree with Telecrater, and think you should change around the D chords, perhaps in the chorus as well. Other than that, it sounds pretty good. Keep it up.
Skold  
25 Jun 2008 20:12 | Quote
United States
Try playing Em7-A7 twice, and then play C-D. It might help.

For the rhythm, listen to "Live Forever" by Oasis.

Actually, the whole progression is basically a bunch of different progressions I've heard in Oasis songs.

Verse = Live Forever
Pre-Chorus = Little By Little & Whatever
Chorus = Whatever
Outro = D'Yer Wanna Be A Spaceman?

blackholesun  
26 Jun 2008 09:47 | Quote
United Kingdom
Licks: 1
Skold says:
Actually, the whole progression is basically a bunch of different progressions I've heard in Oasis songs.

Oh dear...
Skold  
26 Jun 2008 14:49 | Quote
United States
Don't you "Oh dear..." me.
EMB5490  
26 Jun 2008 16:31 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
Licks: 1
lol so ur like knock off band?
Doz  
26 Jun 2008 17:09 | Quote
United Kingdom
Why don't you just build your songs from scratch in the style of Oasis rather than taking their progressions and melding them together?
telecrater  
26 Jun 2008 18:29 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 8
Skold says:
Verse = Live Forever

so i downloaded the song, to try and see what you were talking about for a rhythm. I guess I'm not sure what your talking about. Maybe i'm just not hearing what your hearing.

Skold  
26 Jun 2008 23:54 | Quote
United States
the rhythm of the guitar, man.

Also, I don't see why I SHOULD make my own new chord progressions when I could just borrow someone else`s.

It's not like Oasis was original by any means.
ThePusher  
27 Jun 2008 01:46 | Quote
Canada
Lessons: 3
I thought we already went over the fine line between influence and copyright infringment I like a few chord progressions particularly the one for Hangar 18 but it deosn't mean I'ma use it
Skold  
27 Jun 2008 01:52 | Quote
United States
Last I remember, you can't copyright chord progressions.

Do I care that I snag parts from others? No, because they most likely did it themselves. I'm just playing what I've heard in my collection.

However, most of the infringement I do isn't intentional.
Doz  
27 Jun 2008 07:01 | Quote
United Kingdom
Skold says:
It's not like Oasis was original by any means

Haha, I have to agree with yer there. By your logic, it's a tried and tested chord progression - so why ask us what we think of it?

But no, chord progressions aren't copyright infringement so it's no illegal Pusher. What it is though, is what someone else feels and wants to say with their song... and not from your heart.
Skold  
27 Jun 2008 07:10 | Quote
United States
I saw what I what and feel in my lyrics. The progression is simply there to back me up.

I was asking because I wanted to know what you thought of it. Maybe tips on how to improve it.

Also, it's not as though I was trying to copy their progressions (lol, "their progressions"). I just started playing, and the chords just kinda came naturally.

Until I started playing the verse chords over & over, I didn't even KNOW how to play "Live Forever".
Doz  
27 Jun 2008 07:19 | Quote
United Kingdom
Well if it was just coincidance that's fair enough. Thing is, you said something that would lead us to beleive otherwise.

"Actually, the whole progression is basically a bunch of different progressions I've heard in Oasis songs."

Which implies you just heard them and took them. But yeah, I agree that they probably did the same as you, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing to do.
Skold  
27 Jun 2008 07:22 | Quote
United States
Meh, every infringer has a critic.

I do agree that what I said would lead someone to believe something otherwise, yes.

What I meant was, "Now that I think about it...".

However, do I snag bits from others such as Oasis and The Beatles? Sure do.

Doz  
27 Jun 2008 07:35 | Quote
United Kingdom
Mm. I've only ever used a similar idea to things I like. Normally I just apply it in a different way and in a different context so in the end it's not that similar anymore anyway.
Skold  
27 Jun 2008 07:47 | Quote
United States
Basically, taking something and making it your own?
Doz  
27 Jun 2008 07:59 | Quote
United Kingdom
Yeah, but not like... whole chord progressions or riffs. More like ideas and style. So it's not like I'm taking them to make things easier and quicker, just experimenting with ideas that have already been experimented with.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.