Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Need new amp

Instruments and Gear
Bearman  
23 May 2008 19:48 | Quote
Hello everybody,
I am a beggining guitar player who needs a new amp. I bought a Fender SP 10 and it was not that bad. It broke and I need some suggestions. I would only practice with it and I would like to be over 10 watts but not over 40. I am not a complete newbie but technology is not my strongest suit so if it had a lot cool settings I would like it to be easy to learn. I don't want it to a wallet breaker and right now I will just let price go. If you could say the price with it that would be nice.
EMB5490  
23 May 2008 20:03 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
Licks: 1
just one question, what kind of music do u play/would like to play.

i have the vox ad15vt-xl. love it. im not so gr8 at making the clean sound too good, but im not good with tht kind of stuff, its 15 watt, u can get a 30 watt. its 250 for the 15 xl, 200 for the 15 no xl. 300 for 30 xl, 250 for reg 30. the diff is the xl is newer with a new effect. the distortion is excellent, and the more u crank it, the better it sounds. one complaint is tht i cant get the clean to sound good, sounds klike somthings missing, but i think thts cause i have the settings wrong. u can choose from 11 diff amps to play outta. from glass (completety clean) to damaged (complete distoriton). and everything inbetween. it takes time getting used to, but is a gr8 amp. go 2 my youtube channel wareaglebabe11 to hear what it sounds like, im not too good, but i think u can hear how it sounds from tht. its a partiall tube amp, not technically tho, although it has the quality of one.

some other amps id check out (depending on the type of music u play) for lets say under $500 american, just putting a middle line price, high for a biginner. peavy's are good, i liked one hartke, but it was 100 watt, i thought it was good. some amps to stay away from are line 6, i feel ther overpriced, and ppl on here agree, the effects arent too gr8. dont get marshall mg's. bbaaaad distortion. i mean really bad, u gotta turn it all the way up to start to hear it. fenders are gr8 amps, but are very expensive.
les_paul  
23 May 2008 21:19 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 3
Licks: 2
I have been hearing alot of good things about the Roland Cube.
EMB5490  
23 May 2008 21:58 | Quote
United States
ye, the roland cube is good if u get higher models, i think, when i tried it at the store, it had a very metal sound, good for some bad for others. i didnt like the sound as much, but u may.
telecrater  
23 May 2008 22:32 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 8
GB666 just got a Epiphone Valve amp

see this thread
http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/topic.php?id=1113

It's pretty basic and has a good price for a tube amp. I'm going to check one out at guitar center this weekend.
joe  
24 May 2008 04:20 | Quote
United Kingdom
well emb has the XL version of the VOX AD series.

http://www.voxamps.co.uk/valvetronixxl/

which is pretty much the more sort of high gain orientated amp.

i have the VOX ADVT 30.

http://www.voxamps.co.uk/valvetronix/

very good amp.

made a lot of difference to my sound.

has loads of good sounding amp simulators on it.

wah, tremolo, phaser, comp, chorus , delay etc.

and that comes in 15 and 30 watt.

id highly recommend it

EMB5490  
24 May 2008 06:47 | Quote
United States
lance also has the ad30vt. he was the 1 tht directed it to me. havent seen him in a while...
Doz  
24 May 2008 06:53 | Quote
United Kingdom
I have a Cube and it's very good. I use it for practicing because the JCM900 would be a fair bit too loud an well... it's quite versatile but excels when it comes to higher gain and heavier music.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.