Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Where do you get your tune's from?

Poll
Only registered users can vote and see results!

Phip  
2 May 2008 19:29 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
I've got a little over 6,000 songs in my library. from the 1920's to the present. nice little collection with album covers for all songs and lyrics for all songs. catagorized by week/month/year that each song hit the air waves. one click of the mouse and the whole collection is chronological. includes cartoon and tv theme songs, comedy etc but the bulk of it is 1960's and 70's
Skold  
2 May 2008 19:37 | Quote
United States
I download them from youtube, then convert them to MP3 format. This way, I can have them without paying for them, and I don't feel guilty either! WIN/WIN!
Phip  
2 May 2008 19:59 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
@ skold
check your PM's please
les_paul  
2 May 2008 20:19 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 3
Licks: 2
I went through a stage of getting music off the net but it didn't last long. I don't use an ipod I use a portable cd player so I buy alot of cd's. I do put them on the computer so I can always burn a new copy if I need to.
GRX40  
2 May 2008 22:34 | Quote
United States
Licks: 1
I get a lot off of iTunes, but most of my stuff comes from CDs that I buy/borrow from friends or the library. I can get some good stuff from the library actually. The iTunes stuff is mostly podcasts (which are free).

I also get some music by Converting youtube video in MP3s, but only a couple songs. I don't have Limewire or other file sharing programs, since I'm not positive on the legality of it, but it has completely wrecked my cousin's computer. I see how slow it goes when Limewire's up, and I don't want that on my comp.
telecrater  
3 May 2008 06:47 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 8
I have been using bit torrent to get music and ignoring the entire legality of things. recently i started using Rhapsody and then removing DRM off the songs. I do also have a 300+ CD collection. but having a song is never enough for me i want the whole collection of songs on the disc or the artists entire collection.
les_paul  
3 May 2008 08:38 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 3
Licks: 2
What are some good sites to get music free off the net?
GRX40  
3 May 2008 10:22 | Quote
United States
les_paul says:
What are some good sites to get music free off the net?

If I want to download a song, I use an online program called Zamzar. You give them your email and a link to a youtube video, and you select convert to MP3. They'll email the audio from the you tube video.

It does take some time, but it is free.
Skold  
3 May 2008 12:44 | Quote
United States
The way Phip and I use is a lot quicker, GRX.

Plus, there's always MP3000.net if you don't mind downloading illegally.
GRX40  
3 May 2008 14:27 | Quote
United States
Skold says:
Plus, there's always MP3000.net if you don't mind downloading illegally.!

I checked that out, and it seems ok. From your experience, has it been secure and reliable? I don't want to download a virus by mistake, since I've heard that happens with some sources.
telecrater  
4 May 2008 23:03 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 8
wow, lots a people still buy CD's thats great! I sued to gt them 2nd hand but I have a family now and can't afford to. I usually just listen and delete.
KicknGuitar  
4 May 2008 23:44 | Quote
Lessons: 6
Skold says:
download them from youtube, then convert them to MP3

And you don't mind the sound quality? Ugh, I love how you down graded twice in a row just to get the songs.
I don't download much, usually will either buy the album (if you don't pick McDonalds Music you can get a lot of good B-side tracks, making the purchase worth it) or someone will lend me their CD and I'll burn myself a copy of the same quality (AIFF).
But, Nothing beats turning up your audio system while listening to SRV on LP.
whistlebug23  
21 Jul 2008 16:07 | Quote
United States
I download them from youtube, then convert them to MP3 format. This way, I can have them without paying for them, and I don't feel guilty either! WIN/WIN!

I do the same thing!! It's better than an online thing like Zamzar. In my opinion.
I have FireFox, so, all the easier.
I get my tunes from iTunes, because I have an iPod.
blackholesun  
21 Jul 2008 16:23 | Quote
United Kingdom
I buy loads of CDs. I have quite a backlog of CDs that I've bought which I haven't listened to now. As soon as I buy a CD I rip it and then put the CD on my CD rack so it doesn't get damaged in any way. I don't tend to feel guilty about downloading music illegally, but I think it's nice to have the CD and the artwork which comes with it.
GuitarBoy666  
21 Jul 2008 16:25 | Quote
Canada
I listen to online radio sometimes and hear new stuff that is cool, but mainly I just hear of it from friends and stuff and then I download it from uTorrent or other torrent sites etc
Skold  
21 Jul 2008 18:39 | Quote
United States
@KNG

No, I don't mind. Why? Because I'm not an audiophile OBSESSED with getting the best quality.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.