Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Songs to improve

General Chat
Zoidberg  
20 Sep 2007 09:51 | Quote
Hello: I'm a begginner (about a month learning) and I can play 'House of the rising sun' and 'Knocking on heaven's door' (the chords) because I heard they were easy to start. I'd like to know which songs could help me to improve. Thank you.
Afro_Raven  
20 Sep 2007 12:37 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 1
Try any song by The Beatles, Nirvana or by simply finding the chords for any song. You don't necessarily have to learn the song how the band/artist plays it, just the main chords. That's how I started out because that in itself was enough of a challenge - having to switch between chords was really hard. After a while I got bored with just chords and wanted to learn the songs properly. I'd imagine it may well be the same for you!

Good luck with it all!

Afro
Doz  
20 Sep 2007 13:18 | Quote
United Kingdom
Could learn some power chord punk songs which are just that (power chords). Some have easy solos aswell for when you finally want to move on.
Zoidberg  
22 Sep 2007 11:15 | Quote
Thank you for your answers.
I forgot to say that I have a classic guitar. I just wanted to know which songs you played when you were learning, beacuse sometimes I don't know what I should play to improve, because I am learning without a teacher.
mattmurray  
22 Sep 2007 13:20 | Quote
United States
One of the first songs I ever learned was Stairway to Heaven, that's a pretty easy one to learn. Another one I learned early on is Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Doz  
22 Sep 2007 13:44 | Quote
United Kingdom
Well it shouldn't be to hard. Find the chords to any song and keep learning songs like that.
Guitarslinger124  
23 Sep 2007 20:18 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 12
Licks: 42
the first song i learned was master of puppets by metallica....thats a good song to help with your rhythm....
Zoidberg  
27 Sep 2007 04:47 | Quote
Thanks for your answers.
It's nice to hear 'Stairway to heaven' in my own guitar. I have been playing a spanish guitar for more than a month, when do you think I should buy an electric guitar?
SuchHeavySound  
22 Oct 2007 19:40 | Quote
Well, it all depends. If you think you need one to improve your playing (Like you want to play rock songs that are electric) then get a beginners electric now. Or, if you think you'll be able to improve on your classical then stick with that untill you think you want an electric. Just go with your instincs and you'll do fine!
Doz  
23 Oct 2007 09:45 | Quote
United Kingdom
I can't see any harm in buying an electric guitar sooner even if you'll only play it properly later... so keep a look out for one you like (but it might be a bad idea to go with a reeeeeaaaaallly cheap one just because you'll be a beginner, you'll only wind up buying a new one later) and get it when you can.
REDSTRAT  
25 Oct 2007 05:14 | Quote
United States
BUY A GOOD ONE TO START WITH.GET A GUITAR AND WORRY ABOUT THE AMP LATER.YOU CAN PRACTICE WITHOUT AND AMP.GET THE BEST GUITAR YIU CAN.PRS HAS SOME FOR 500 OR SO.FENDER MEXICAN STRATS ABOUT 400.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.