Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Allan Holdsworth

Music and Bands
macandkanga  
12 Dec 2011 18:17 | Quote
United States
In case you ever wonder why I always mention Allan Holdsworth as one of the greatest:

DarkRiff  
12 Dec 2011 22:02 | Quote
United States
Licks: 2
I've watched this at least 8 times before, and it's always great.
But the more I watch it, the more I want that shirt. I like it. Don't know why, I just do.

I wish I could understand how he just comes up with those licks. Don't get me wrong, I have great licks. They're just stuck in my head. I can get some but if my fingers can just interpret the rest of those licks stuck in my head, that be nice.
Guitarslinger124  
13 Dec 2011 03:03 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 12
Licks: 42
macandkanga says:
In case you ever wonder why I always mention Allan Holdsworth as one of the greatest:

+100 : In case you ever wonder why I always agree with you that Allan Holdsworth is one of the greatest.

Rock on!
macandkanga  
13 Dec 2011 12:55 | Quote
United States
I was lucky enough to see him live in the 80's at a little place called the Baked Potatoe in the LA area. He was about five feet from me! He plays like the guitar is part of him. He closes his eyes and simply does whatever he wants on the guitar. This is the guy that inspired Shawn Lane, Eddie Van Halen, and Frank Gambale among others.
wafflesyrup  
13 Dec 2011 20:30 | Quote
Hehe. Love me some Soft Machine. I haven't done a lot of Holdsworth listening but he surely is an excellent musician. However, something must be said of Mike Ratledge (keyboardist) seeing as this is Soft Machine. One of my favorite keyboard players personally.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.