Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

The Mystery Makers-New Song- Wholesale Heaven

Technique
harleyofdoom  
28 Jul 2010 11:53 | Quote
United States
For we are The Mystery Makers, the tamers of tone, the keepers of lost riffs, the guardians of hallowed harmonies. Blessed is he who in the name of passion and righteous indignation shepherds the tone-deaf through the valley of mediocrity. For he is truly a mutineer and the finder of forgotten frequencies.

Join us @

http://www.myspace.com/themysterymakers

Come bask in the noise

EMB5490  
28 Jul 2010 14:40 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
Licks: 1
wow. I gotta give some contructive critism there.

First. LOVED the vocals. whosever doing them is amazingly awesome, great voice and feel. The guitar could use some cleaning up, id say too distorted and it lacks a feel in the song, im talking rather advanced, but id work on your vibrato and your feel in soloing, if you dont know theory learn it and use it, thats a really easy chord progression and i dont think your using it to your full advantage...

Loved the song, espeiclaly the vocals.
harleyofdoom  
28 Jul 2010 15:17 | Quote
United States
Im on guitar and vocals (i have been working hard my amazingly awsomeness (glad you noticed)) i agree my guitar skills could use some work but have you ever tried working the trem the wah keeping time remembering the changes queuing the rest of the band whilst singing? i believe the correct term for this is a massive head***. if we ever get around to recording and mixing these professionally (rather than in my friends basement) ill do the vocals separately so i can concentrate more on finessing the guitar.
EMB5490  
28 Jul 2010 15:23 | Quote
United States
harleyofdoom says:
i agree my guitar skills could use some work but have you ever tried working the trem the wah keeping time remembering the changes queuing the rest of the band whilst singing?

acctually yes yes i have, however i lose time easier not the quality, and even during the solo, work on vibrato phrasing knowledge. im just saying what i hear, im not trying to put you down but to improve.
harleyofdoom  
28 Jul 2010 15:41 | Quote
United States
alright smartass :P ill keep working on it, dont you worry

p.s. i appreciate your criticism and didnt mean to seem snappy
EMB5490  
28 Jul 2010 15:44 | Quote
United States
your snappyer then my old turtle snappy :)

i know how hard it is to sing and play and etc, why not play rhythm and sing mainly and have someone else play lead? your vox are really top notch maybe focus on them more?
harleyofdoom  
28 Jul 2010 16:10 | Quote
United States
I've been singing for about 5 years, only been playing electric guitar for a year (and only really started using effects + doing rhythm and lead since i joined this band about hmm i guess 3 months ago).. if i stop practicing my lead stuff in a band environment i wont ever get better. as for getting another guitarist in: we have a trio now and have issues with politics and getting all 3 people to show up (well mainly we have trouble with the drummer(but this is besides the point)) more musicians ends up meaning more logistical organizational and political annoyances. furthermore show me an amazing lead guitarist that works well with others and isnt already in a band and i will show you the face of a surprised Harleyofdoom
EMB5490  
28 Jul 2010 21:01 | Quote
United States
harleyofdoom says:
furthermore show me an amazing lead guitarist that works well with others and isnt already in a band and i will show you the face of a surprised Harleyofdoom

theres no need for flattery here but yes if you insist i guess thats me :) nah im hardly amazing

i understand the politic thing completly, i have the same problem with my singer, you need to have everyone dedicated, if there not dedicated or if they cant make that once or twice a week practice thats sceduled for stupid reasons like home work or stuff like that, dont waste your time.

i certainly understand that, do you have a teacher? you totally rock the vocals no lie there. very jim morrisonish with a bit of rhcp
harleyofdoom  
28 Jul 2010 23:11 | Quote
United States
i have neither a singing or guitar teacher, took 2 guitar lessons when i was 14 that were so very dull that i didnt pick up an instrument again for 4 years.

also that jim morrisonish line just earned you a karma point :)
EMB5490  
29 Jul 2010 05:18 | Quote
United States
well you certainly dont need a singing teacher, and as for guitar if you keep practicing youll get better and thats a fact, however for soloing theres things that one should know, id suggest watching youtube videos.

And anyway as youve said youve only been playing for a year, the more you play, better youll get, end of story.
harleyofdoom  
29 Jul 2010 12:31 | Quote
United States
EMB5490 says:
however for soloing theres things that one should know, id suggest watching youtube videos.

any specific vids you could direct me to?... and dont say Shred Durst

EMB5490 says:
And anyway as youve said youve only been playing for a year,

only been playing "electric" for a year, was playing acoustic for 4ish years before that. i will take some music theory lessons at some point but this requires paying someone :(

have you noticed we have a little private tread going?

hello internet, is there anyone else there?
EMB5490  
29 Jul 2010 13:32 | Quote
United States
SHRED DURST. no i dont mean how to shred crazy, i mean theory and scales, i recommend justin sandercoe is good... but a local teacher would be good, you may go through a few before you find one you likke...

yeah i can understand paying someone.. theres so good things over the internet lessons and such but i find it easier if someone was to tell me rather then me figureing it out myself and having no one to aask questions too

harleyofdoom says:
have you noticed we have a little private tread going?

hello internet, is there anyone else there?

"Hello (hello hello), is there anybody in there?
Nod if you can hear me,
Is there anyone home?"

MoshZilla1016  
29 Jul 2010 14:10 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 4
Licks: 19
http://theodoreziras.com/video/lick-of-the-week.html?layout=category&view=category

Hey Harley, check this guy out. I directed you to lick of the week where every week, Mondays, he does a video lesson. This dude is awesome but will take time and explain it through. Also every lesson comes comes with a downloadable backing track. Best of all it's FREE.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.