Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Live Improvisation Gigs

General Chat
Reinhardt  
3 Feb 2010 23:25 | Quote
South Africa
Ive been plaing solo gigs for awhile now and recently bought a Boss rc-2 Loopstation to improv some scales over chord progressions.

Im just curious to see how many of you jam gigs and doing improvisation solo's live ect. . . ?
carlsnow  
4 Feb 2010 14:16 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
I do ... quite often. i'm in a 'loopers collective' type thing with about ten other folks. we've been doing 'soundscapes' for art openings and (gasp) corporate 'functions' awhile now as well aqs playing each 1st Wednesday at a venue downtown. we *(monthly) draw names from a hat regarding who (pairs or trios) will be playing with whom and if they will play during the 1st or 2nd 'hour' (our hours range from 45min to 1,.5 Hrs)...
wse keep it loose and exciting
you can here some here www.ampient.com as well as download an album or so.
its nice to see you wanting this sort of thing to happen in yopur musical network, Reinhardt!
call yer pals , email, etc and get a few folks to commit to a day, and soon you'll be swamped with folks wanting to join you. you can (we do) make some decent money this way (the aforementioned corporate/art-gallery events) as well if you can create enough interest.
the MAIN goal, however is to have fun a "drone" , loop and ___ with your pals..and i guarantee you'll achieve that.
just do it

and...

RAWK!
Cs
Reinhardt  
5 Feb 2010 17:32 | Quote
South Africa
Awesome man, great reply! Me and a buddy started a band a week ago, he plays djembe and I play spanish guitar like (rodrigo y Gabriela) and use the looper to improv some solo's inbetween.

Works Excellent and getting a very good response from the crowds

P.S dont know much theory but loving it!

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.