Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

"My" tube amp

Technique
case211  
29 Aug 2009 12:49 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 6
okay, guys, I am wondering a couple of things about a tube amp. Since I don't own one, I am going to build myself one, not very big as I only plan to have it be a head that would put out somewhere areound 25-30 watts RMS, with EL34 power tubes(maybe 2). I am thinking this would be a a fun project to do, and i could definitely give me an oppurtunity to make something like an old Super Lead Plexi or of the like.
Does anyone know of any tube amp builiding sites or wiring diagrams websites that are good?
and if for some reason I die of electric shock who wants my guitars? lol jk
well, I am going to do this, because I don't have 3 grand to spend on vintage or reissue :p
Phip  
30 Aug 2009 06:24 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
Funny you should ask............
http://www.el34world.com/schematics.htm
You have some reading to do..
But let me quote from one of the comments on this site
"Scratch building an amp: First of all let me start by saying, it is usually more expensive to build an amp from scratch than to just go buy an amplifier."
Perhaps that statement is true but it doesn't address the fun of building something by hand on your own! (if you are into that sort of thing). I would say that if electronics is something that interests you then this would be a great challenge! You will learn a great deal by building your own amp. However, if you are doing it to save money..nah, get a job and start saving up.
Phip
Oh if you do decide to build your own I'll do what i can to help you along.
case211  
30 Aug 2009 14:23 | Quote
United States
Thanks Phip, I would like to do it, really because I kind of like to build things on my own that actually work. Plus if I brought in a working amp to Systems Tech I might just pass lol i really enjoy the electronics aspect of it as well, I think it would be fun.
Phip  
30 Aug 2009 15:07 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
@Case,
Alrighty then. Do some searching on that website and choose a project. Make sure the parts are going to be available for the amp you want to build and then if you have questions just ask.
Phip
case211  
30 Aug 2009 17:11 | Quote
United States
alright, thanks again :D

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.