Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

A Band You May Like!!

Music and Bands
AlexB  
13 Jul 2009 16:11 | Quote
Mexico
Licks: 2
Hey Whats Up Guys! im Here to share a band with you,maybe you know it,maybe you dont,Anyways They Are Porcupine Tree

Yeah,A Prog Rock Band,arguably the Most Innovative Band in the Genre Since the old Days From Rush And Crimson,Still their style is really Different

Their las 3 Albums (In Absentia,deadwing,Fear Of A Blank Planet) Are by Far the Best,they are due to release another one in October

But My Favourite i think is "Deadwing"

They'got Everythingˇˇ Cool Riffs,Nice Songs,Catchy Choruses,Nice Prog Lyrics,They've got One of the most addictive drumming ive ever heard on my life...Gavin Harrison Is One of the best Drummers Today

Anyways the Music Recomendation Is This 2005 Album,Steven Wilson (Voice,Guitar,and some keys,Leader) Has confirmed that the story about this album is based on a script for a movie he did when he was younger,in recent dates he has confirmed the production of the movie,but it has been on hitaus Cause of monetary problems...shame..

Tracklisting is awesome,The Story according to this is about ghost,nothin is literal so it can be about anything...

Starting with The Rockery Style With some awesome Vocal Help by Michael Akerfeldt From Opeth,an awesome track,going to the even more rocker Shallow,Which solo is still a mystery to many,The Lullaby-Like Lazarus Is One of the Best tracks On The album,Ghost related too,melow,simple...awesome

The Next track,HALO,talk about religious problems,with one of the catchiest intros ever,an awesome chorus,and a killer Harmonica solo,this track is another favourite,then After this...the best of All

Arriving Somewhere But Not Here,The proggiest and heaviest Song on the album,Starting Softly,then going up in tension,releasing it all on the climax when the coolest and heaviest riff contrast with the context of the song itself,Listen to it all,youll never regret it...

Rest of tracks are simple,maybe not as good as the firsts ones,but they're enjoyable

Anyways,this album can keep you entertained for a looong Time,its an awesome example of PT's original style and mix betwen Prog Metal,rock,And some Pop,You GOT To chek It Out And Buy Itˇˇ

I Had some links to youtube songs But Copyright took them out,if you can get this album,or the other " I Mentioned,youll love them

Sorry for the long post lol

Alex B
Empirism  
13 Jul 2009 19:40 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
Aye. I listen to it quite a lot :). I was seen one gig in Helsinki and it was awesome.
AlexB  
13 Jul 2009 23:33 | Quote
Mexico
i Saw them live in Mexico,First line,Wilson blew my had with his riffs
Guitarslinger124  
14 Jul 2009 00:47 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 12
Licks: 42
"Sound of Muzak" is one of my favorite songs. I've got every album they came out with and they are a great band.
Lewwis  
14 Jul 2009 09:46 | Quote
United Kingdom
Porcupine Tree are my favorite band....ever.

You have got to check out Trains from In Absentia totally amazing.

If you like porc then check out Blackfield, which is a Steve Wilson side project. Slightly more in the way of pop but still very very awesome.

Glad to know there are some porc fans out there i thought it was just me!

:D

Lewis
AlexB  
14 Jul 2009 09:47 | Quote
Mexico
Blackfield II Is One of my Fav albums of all time!! Its so simple yet complicated,Wilson Is truly a genius
Lewwis  
14 Jul 2009 09:48 | Quote
United Kingdom
Hell yeah! both of the Blackfield albums are just awesome!

Steve Wilson is just awesome.

AlexB  
14 Jul 2009 10:39 | Quote
Mexico
There is a Preview of Porcupines New Album on the Bands Myspace,sounds is gonna be killer!!

http://www.myspace.com/porcupinetree
Lewwis  
14 Jul 2009 13:10 | Quote
United Kingdom
AHH! epic! i'm looking forward to seeing whats popping next out of Steve's magical hat!

AlexB  
16 Jul 2009 01:05 | Quote
Mexico
Yep,its awesome,and its rumored that Blackfield III is on it way

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.