Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Stop tail bridge

Technique
Lewwis  
4 Jan 2009 11:09 | Quote
United Kingdom
I got a brand new PRS SE single cut and well i got it home and i was going to see how to change the intonation and i was stumped! How do you do it?

It has a stop tail bridge.

Any ideas welcome :D
telecrater  
4 Jan 2009 12:24 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 8
It's got one of wrap around bridges/tail peice isn't it?

Lewwis  
4 Jan 2009 12:26 | Quote
United Kingdom
Yes mate that's the one.... :D

The PRS website said it was stop tail! lol

Any ideas?

Cheers
telecrater  
4 Jan 2009 12:38 | Quote
United States
Well I don't think you can intonation it. Is it off?

You maybe able to take into a shop and have a tune-o-matic installed and a stop tail peice.
Lewwis  
4 Jan 2009 15:25 | Quote
United Kingdom
:(

Ok mate thanks, PRS's are pretty good so the intonation shouldn't need changing (i hope!)

lewis
telecrater  
4 Jan 2009 15:43 | Quote
United States
yeah you should be good. I would be concerned if it was off and you just got it new and maybe you got a bunk axe.

What model did you get? I've wanted the custom hollow body SE for a while but wound up with and epiphone dot. The price was right

Cheers!!!
JazzMaverick  
4 Jan 2009 16:02 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
Wow man that's awesome I don't know why you'd want to change it. I wouldn't think it's messing up the intonation, try and mess around with the levels (like in the picture) and screw it higher or lower to see if that makes a difference.
Lewwis  
4 Jan 2009 16:12 | Quote
United Kingdom
The intonation is fine and im not planning on changing it, i was just wondering :D

Every couple of weeks i go through all my guitar and clean em and sort em out :D

jbalreira  
9 Jan 2009 09:41 | Quote
Portugal
The intonation its easy to change on the PRS SE models with a stoptail bridge.

You'll need a little L (a small allen wrench provided with your new guitar) shapped tool to change it. You have to use that tool in two little holes.

I uploaded a picture pointing to the spot of the holes where you can adjust.

I strongly recomend you to change the intonation, since the PRS models comes from factory with a bad tuning at 12th fret.
If you tune your strings with a tuner, and check if the tuning at 12th fret its ok, you will see that it has a little diference.

Don't forget to first detune the instrument before you start adjusting, to relieve the tension on the bridge.

First you must start with the treble side and then pass to the bass side, and the return to the treble side for one last check.

If you need anything, I can help you in.

JB

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.