Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

RED WITCH FUZZ GOD II

Instruments and Gear
baudelaire  
23 Sep 2008 19:53 | Quote
Brazil
holy FUCK.

this thing is amazing. i couldn't believe my ears when i heard the proguitarshop video, and now that i actually have it, i'm absolutely stunned.

i never had ANY idea that this much fuzz gain could be concentrated in one device. i have enough gain for the entire state of new york. saturation that would make tony iommi piss himself. it is so wonderfully harmonic, too.

then when you press the wrath button, again, holy fuck, i never thought anything so hideous and anarchic could sound so cool... it's like a cross between video game noise, saturation that you can not understand without hearing it, and a fucking lightning bolt!

i can get so many sounds out of this, and the whole thing sounds so ridiculously great.

it cost me 250, but damn, it was worth it.

http://www.proguitarshop.com/product.php?ProductID=479&CategoryID=326
telecrater  
23 Sep 2008 22:47 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 8
man I'm so un-impressed. All the tones come out of that thing sounded like fuzzy crap. I hope you like it, just not my thing.
baudelaire  
23 Sep 2008 23:01 | Quote
Brazil
it maintains such clarity while yielding saturation like i've never heard, and it can go from smooth to breaking glass texture... and the wrath thing is amazing when you're pushing a full stack with 120 watts... i haven't used it on a crowed yet, but i can see a literal orgiastic bloodbath ensuing when they are driven complete insane with violent frenzy at the noise thrashing them... i see them completely tearing each other to pieces, biting off their own fingers and choking, ripping others ears off, suicide by headbutting the floor... god, it will be glorious.
JazzMaverick  
24 Sep 2008 11:35 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
You spent your money well. The last effects in the video were my favourite.
baudelaire  
24 Sep 2008 11:37 | Quote
Brazil
its CRAZY, aint it? i was never impressed with the rest of red witch's crap, but this thing is insane.
GRX40  
24 Sep 2008 17:16 | Quote
United States
Licks: 1
Coo. I don't think I would ever use that much much fuzz haha (It'd turn my amp to absolute mush), but it'd be interesting to toy with. I do like the sound of fuzz though, I think it's an awesome effect.
baudelaire  
24 Sep 2008 17:23 | Quote
Brazil
see, that's why i like it - it's both saturated and clear. i mean, i wouldn't try fingerpicking open chords with this, but when doing a fast lead thing, the notes each jump and claw their way into your brain individually, and chords with it are drenched with fuzz, but harmonically intact. and you can get cool effects by diming EVERYTHING and hitting the wrath button...
GRX40  
24 Sep 2008 18:29 | Quote
United States
Licks: 1
^ Yeah, fuzzes have some strange effects. I once heard that if you turn up everything on Big Muff Pi (which is somewhat fuzzy, but probably more of a distortion), and use a wah at the same time, it will act as a pitch shifter. Just kind of weird. :P
baudelaire  
24 Sep 2008 19:20 | Quote
Brazil
i have a big muff pi... it's a really 'heavy' saturated fuzz. i like it, but it's headed out the door as of this last purchase.

i don't use wah, but i have heard the same thing. it oscillates, i think.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.