Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

the switch

Technique
casano  
5 Jul 2008 18:19 | Quote
im having a problem? on acoustic i feel more comfortable than i do on electric, picking wise on acoustic my picking is clean and quick but on electric i feel awkward and need my pinkie finger to rest against the pick guard for help. As when my hand just floats above the strings unaided this is when i have trouble with co ordination and speed yet on acoustic im fine because my palm rest nicely at the bridge. Will i improve my floating tecnique or shall i rest my pinkie ive heard this hinders players but for me i play faster on electric? with my pinkie down
BodomBeachTerror  
5 Jul 2008 18:28 | Quote
Canada
Lessons: 2
Licks: 1
its probably just what ur used too, maybe try hooking ur pinkie on the pickup
Phip  
5 Jul 2008 18:35 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
the feel of the two guitars is prob causing the prob. put down the acoustic for a few weeks and work with the electric only. Most likely you'll adjust.
telecrater  
5 Jul 2008 19:11 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 8
I have always said that an acoustic is a different insterment from the electric
foogered  
7 Jul 2008 22:43 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 11
I usually place my pinky just below the strings (or even under the bottom two) when I'm playing electric. I can't rest my wrist on the bridge like a lot of people since I have a floating bridge.

It's probably just differences between the size of the guitar, the action of the strings, and the neck diameter that are messing you up.

Phip's advice is probably best. I've been playing a mix of acoustic and electric for a few months now ever since my girlfriend bought me my own acoustic guitar for my birthday. I've played each long enough now that I'm completely comfortable with either.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.