Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Need some Help

General Chat
Mezzie  
28 Feb 2012 18:22 | Quote
Canada
Licks: 3
Im really frustrating over what kind of guitar to get and i need some help. The guitar im thinking about getting is this http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2000-Taylor-312ce-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-w-OHSC-/230751664540?_trksid=p5197.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D8%26pmod%3D360437891198%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6658217220446639120. I want to know what you guys think. Is it a good choice or could i get a better one for around the same price? My dad was trying to talk me into buying a Washburn J28SCEDL Cumberland Jumbo acoustic-electric but i cant find it anywhere. Any suggestions on what guitar i should get, or what kind of guitar i should get?
Walkwithme  
28 Feb 2012 20:42 | Quote
United States
Licks: 5
The Taylor on ebay is nice, thats what youre gonna find for around that price. in my opinion, thats way too much money to spend on an acoustic guitar, but only because if i had 900 bucks, i would buy an electric haha, its all in taste. but that taylor is what you should get in my opinion
BodomBeachTerror  
28 Feb 2012 23:09 | Quote
Canada
Lessons: 2
Licks: 1
if you're ready to drop that amount of cash, I would say Taylor or Guild, I have a Guild and I'm really happy with it. The only reason I went with a Guild over a Taylor is in that price range the new Taylor guitars don't have solid back and sides. but that one on ebay is older and it does, so i would go for it!
gilcarleton  
29 Feb 2012 08:01 | Quote
Believe me, there is a lot more work and craftsmanship that goes into making an good acoustic than goes into a solid body electric. The quality and kind of wood is much more important. I own a Taylor DCSM (Dan Crary Signature Model) and it has the best action of any acoustic I have ever played. I prefer the sound of the Martin D-21 I sold years ago but that is water under the bridge. Don't get me wrong, the Taylor sounds great and I am very happy with it. The craftsmanship is suburb. To compare a Washburn to a Taylor is like comparing a Volkswagen bug to a Lincoln Continental. If you can find a DCSM it would be a great guitar for you but $900 is not a lot of money to pay for a guitar these days. I spent $1,100 for mine with no regrets. Personally I don't like the external knobs on acoustic guitars but that is a matter of personal preference. The DCSM has a pickup inside but you would need to use the controls on the amp with it. I see Lighthouse sound is selling the guitar. You may want to write or preferably talk to them about the sound qualities of the guitar. I bought my guitar on Ebay and it is like getting a haircut over the telephone...a little difficult. Anyway, I bought from a reputable dealer and he gave me honest answers about sound quality, punch, condition playability and so on. I would do the same if I were you.
I hope this helps. If you want to research this or other Taylor models check out the Taylor web site or simply type in Taylor and the model you are interested in in the search bar of google or yahoo and you will find out all kinds of information regarding that guitar. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Guitarslinger124  
29 Feb 2012 09:45 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 12
Licks: 42
gilcarleton says:
Believe me, there is a lot more work and craftsmanship that goes into making an good acoustic than goes into a solid body electric. The quality and kind of wood is much more important. I own a Taylor DCSM (Dan Crary Signature Model) and it has the best action of any acoustic I have ever played. I prefer the sound of the Martin D-21 I sold years ago but that is water under the bridge. Don't get me wrong, the Taylor sounds great and I am very happy with it. The craftsmanship is suburb. To compare a Washburn to a Taylor is like comparing a Volkswagen bug to a Lincoln Continental. If you can find a DCSM it would be a great guitar for you but $900 is not a lot of money to pay for a guitar these days. I spent $1,100 for mine with no regrets. Personally I don't like the external knobs on acoustic guitars but that is a matter of personal preference. The DCSM has a pickup inside but you would need to use the controls on the amp with it. I see Lighthouse sound is selling the guitar. You may want to write or preferably talk to them about the sound qualities of the guitar. I bought my guitar on Ebay and it is like getting a haircut over the telephone...a little difficult. Anyway, I bought from a reputable dealer and he gave me honest answers about sound quality, punch, condition playability and so on. I would do the same if I were you.
I hope this helps. If you want to research this or other Taylor models check out the Taylor web site or simply type in Taylor and the model you are interested in in the search bar of google or yahoo and you will find out all kinds of information regarding that guitar. Hope this helps. Good luck.

+1 and welcome aboard!

Rock on!
Mezzie  
6 Mar 2012 14:16 | Quote
Canada
Licks: 3
Well my dad was totally against buying an old *used* guitar on ebay. And paying like 900 bucks for a guitar that is worth like 1700 or 1800 new (i didnt know that lol). He didnt want me to spend that much money on a guitar also but anyway I thionk i finally settled on what guitar to get. The Taylor 114ce, Ive heard nothing but good things about it here it is http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Taylor-114CE-100-Series-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-/160752983369?pt=Guitar&hash=item256d9fdd49 What do u guys think?
Walkwithme  
6 Mar 2012 15:58 | Quote
United States
Licks: 5
my opinion if i had that much i would be getting an electric but obviously you are willing to pay that much for an acoustic. now being a USED acoustic, i would say that when you receive it, get new strings, oil the fretboard, send it to guitar center and let them mess with it and make it perfect, so have an extra 75-100 bucks ready to spend. but over all, thats a really nice taylor. good luck

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.