Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Moog guitar

Instruments and Gear
RA  
23 Jan 2009 19:52 | Quote
United States
has any one played it? I'm just wondering if it sounds tiny because i find a lot of stuff like it to sound tiny. through the Mini-Moog doesn't. that and does any one know if they re going to make a regular one and not a collectors any time soon because 6,000 plus is a lot.

i don't know if any of you listen to Micheal hedges but imagine if he had one. i know it's a "should of, could of, would of" but come on a man can dream. just think A harp Moog guitar with independent pickups and switches for each bass drone. ooo the sweet music now if i ever become a millionaire i would spend it all for Moog to build me one

*** Micheal think Bach through he hated new things
foogered  
23 Jan 2009 22:14 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 11
The unfortunate thing about Moog is that their products are aimed more at professional musicians, rather than hobbyists and home musicians.
Empirism  
24 Jan 2009 01:39 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
Aye, im a huge moogy sound fan. Yeah foogered, but luckily there are once again the "Magic of VST" and arturia, which made wonderful moog instrument check this link...

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/moogmodularv/intro.html

Ive heard that moog to be used and it sound very very close to orginal with right setups.
RA  
24 Jan 2009 08:25 | Quote
United States
alas the demons of this recessive future follow me even here.

Empirism check out the Moog's new guitar it is amazing and i feel the direction of the future now obviously the future guitar will be almost nothing like it but with the touch of a button you can know control the four aspects of sound in much greater way granted it uses comp intelligence to control it so maybe where going to end up like startrek and become the Borg who knows?????(JOKE)
Empirism  
25 Jan 2009 11:08 | Quote
Finland
Holy dingofango! Infinite sustain!! Darn that looks cool! And sound more cooler!! Moog did it again!

for others too!

Taylor  
25 Jan 2009 11:22 | Quote
United States
that sounds beautiful. RA, thank you for posting this. i might wanna check out this guitar on the market now.
Taylor  
25 Jan 2009 11:24 | Quote
United States
lol.. nm. i could use 6000$ elsewhere
foogered  
25 Jan 2009 13:48 | Quote
United States
Licks: 11
Everybody hears this thing and instantly goes "INFINITE SUSTAIN!" However, I think the most impressive feature that it has to offer is the controlled sustain mode which sustains the notes that you want it to sustain while muting the ones you don't. You could use this to create pedal-note-like effects similar to organs or pianos, while playing another line simultaneously. The melodic possibilities of this guitar blow me away.

I've seen that video before and it's definitely one of the better ones, but if you want to see a good demonstration of this guitar's capabilities, try and find a video from the NAMM showcase. The guy in the video that Empirism posted doesn't even touch on the ability to blend the piezo, bridge, and neck pickups using an expression pedal while in sustain mode.
Empirism  
25 Jan 2009 14:41 | Quote
Finland
Aye, it have many great things in it. I just throw this one there. and also Mute mode is great on that thing and never seen anyother guitar.

Anyway, why I got so exited about full sustain mode, is my passion to space rock or ozric tentacles like stuff... just wondered about possibilities in it...

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.