Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

The Matrix

Music Theory
JazzMaverick  
2 Oct 2008 10:56 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
This is not going on about the movie, just incase you were wondering.

This is also going to be a fairly difficult question for some of you as this will be way over your heads right now.

I'm writing to ask;

Does anyone know how to explain the Matrix in more detail?

I understand it implies using no key, and using all 12 notes within a composition. BUT HOW?!
baudelaire  
2 Oct 2008 11:38 | Quote
Brazil

if you like that, i would consider getting a book i remember being called "composition in twelve tones". don't remember more then that, i looked at it, and quickly closed it and put it back.

if you don't like that, i suggest you take the blue pill...
Veqq  
2 Oct 2008 11:43 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 5
There are a few ways to do this. I've only used the Circle of 12 tones before, it's not quite the same thing, but it works off of 12 tones in the same way, sort've...

It's explained here:
http://www.ronjarzombek.com/rj12tone.html

With the 12 tone technique that I think your talking about though. I have no idea. I looked at it a few times, but couldn't figure out what the retrograde-inversion was exaclly. And the idea that you can't repeat a note untill you've run through them all at least once kept me from working on it.
JazzMaverick  
2 Oct 2008 11:49 | Quote
United Kingdom
hahaha thanks for that.

I'm actually glad there was at least someone here who knew about it. I've even asked some random teachers and they didn't know about it.

I mainly wanted to know so I can create some insane song that makes no sense and also sets a freaky mood for a film/game. None in particular, but never know if a part of it is needed.

I'll check out that book though, thanks.
JazzMaverick  
2 Oct 2008 11:51 | Quote
United Kingdom
It's because it ends up creating a key, Veqq. Oddly enough.

I don't think this is the same thing, but it's interesting, and I'll check it out, thanks.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.