Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

dead battery

Instruments and Gear
luckyhubbie  
21 Feb 2008 21:58 | Quote
United States
I have an acoustic electric and the 9V keeps dying on me. So I try to change the battery with the strings but I have heard that the battery should last longer than 2 weeks if not in use. I don't play plugged in very often but like to when there is a need. I hate using a mic on the guitar and I don't want to buy any new gear. Any Ideas on how to fix this??
telecrater  
21 Feb 2008 23:38 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 8
I have an active electric bass with the same problem.

this is how it is suposed to work. your input jack has 3 leads and is a stereo plug even though you play in mono. when you plug into input jack in it will complete the circuit for the battery and you can play electric. when you unplug the jack then the cricut is broken and the battery is not being used. now if you have a wire mixed up on the input jack it will drain the batteries all the time.

This was my case with the bass. the tip on a cheap cord broke inside the barrel type jack. i had to replace the jack. the genius who designed the bass decided that all 3 wires going to the jack should be black. ha ha ha ha what a headache
luckyhubbie  
22 Feb 2008 13:55 | Quote
United States
hey i think that guy did the electric work on my first apt. Thanks for the tip. Too bad it's not covered in warranty i just checked. I know a guy though. Thanks again.
telecrater  
22 Feb 2008 20:08 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 8
no problem.

you could also just take the battery out when your not playing it.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.