Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Arpeggio tabs, showing all positions?

Suggestions
reverbiscool  
30 Aug 2014 12:58 | Quote
When using the arpeggio tool on the site, If I select a chord, and then a fret number like 0, 1, 2, ect, it shows a tab for that position on the fretboard. Is there any way to show the tab for all the positions, so I don't have to keep clicking the next number? This would be really useful to practice playing arpeggios up and down the neck, switching between the different positions without having to keep clicking for the next one. I guess you can use the fretboard diagram shown, but I find it much easier to use the tabbed version. Seems like it would be possible to implement a "Show all" button.
Guitarslinger124  
30 Aug 2014 14:42 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 12
Licks: 42
If you click on just the root you will see all the positions, otherwise the remaining positions will be faded out; although you can still see them. You can also try using the Guitar Scales page and select the chord root and instead of "chords" per say, select the accompanying scale set. Under patterns, if you select "full" all the notes in that key will be highlighted. This gives you the same note positions as the arpeggio tool.
reverbiscool  
2 Sep 2014 17:59 | Quote
Thanks for your reply. I think that when shown as the full diagram, it just looks like a scale diagram, but the tab shows you how to play it as an arpeggio. By this I mean the actual tab that appears under the diagram. It only shows you how to play it as an arpeggio in the position you select. I feel like it would be more helpful if it showed you how to play it as an arpeggio going up and down the neck, so you can practice it this way. What I've been doing is just memorizing each position and doing it by memory. If it just tabbed out the whole thing it would make it a lot easier.
Guitarslinger124  
3 Sep 2014 10:09 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 12
Licks: 42
Like this:

That is all the "arpeggio" positions for C-Major. You realize of course, that an arpeggio is just a group of notes broken down and played individually. So a diagram for an arpeggio will be no different than that of a chord of the same degree.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.