Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

I dont drink often, I thought id share some music

Music and Bands
dsesh  
9 Apr 2012 02:45 | Quote
United States
At the beginning of the year I decided I was going to record a song a day for a year. a few weeks in and a few shows later setting down an breaking up it became to difficult and I said screw it.

I did do about 10 days worth. these are all improvised jams. except maybe 1 or 2. They are all done live with loop pedals or a friend with no multitracking.

I appreciate when you all share your music so I thought I would do the same

www.soundcloud.com/resinhands

Empirism  
9 Apr 2012 11:34 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
I listened them. All of them. Usually Im pretty good give a defination of music genre, but this time... I dont know. Maybe somekind of ambient...err noise... Or maybe just ambient. Couple allright, but most of them was in same consept "hollow humming" with some notes from the guitar there also with quite samelike equalization than background "humming"... so I couldnt grab on it...

I think in recording you should, in this kind of genre, pay attention of mix and mastering... there was not "enough" or atleast not much panoration with different instruments that could been give more "space like" athmosphere.

with that and equalization your "main instrument" or "lead instrument" where you want listener to pay attention, should make it more bright or make it somehow other way more "front" of the listener. Other than these, they was pretty interesting time to time. Keep up to good work and rather than quantity, make them quality :).

well... err... hope you got my point :)
Emp
dsesh  
10 Apr 2012 02:34 | Quote
United States
Hey Emp,

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

I just wanted to point out that this was done with one guitar real time coming out of one amp. any multiple instruments your hearing (besides drums is either a delay pedal or a live looping process. no eq mix or master. These were all made up on the spot and i maybe should not call them songs.. maybe ideas. I think ambience is a good way to look at it.
Empirism  
11 Apr 2012 02:31 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
Ah, that clears things out a bit :)

01032012 was my favorite of those, maybe try to bring that to an sequencer ^^
DanielM  
15 Apr 2012 09:18 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 1
You've got some really nice melodies and ideas there, I think if you did your pieces multitrack instead of real time did some proper mastering etc you'd have some very good song material there. However it is good at what it is.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.