Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Song writing - more like guild lines then rules.

Technique
neomass1  
21 Jun 2011 05:05 | Quote
United States
Song writing - more like guild lines then rules.

Here is what I know, mean not be right for you. Sometimes its not right for me. Why? people change. As of now this is working great for me. I'm going to write out everything, from start to finish!

So here is how your write a song in my perfect world

What is the first thing you need to start? AN IDEA! WOW that was simple... and I bet you have ideas all the time. What is an Idea? It can be a thought, riff, some words that work together.

Short on ideas? Well if this is your problem then you need to open your mind and let the thoughts flow. How do you do this? Well here are some whys to stay creative!

if you don't know what some of these are, or how to do them ask me at your own risk :P

I personal like 4,6,8,11,14,17,23,24, but 27 and 32 are my favorite. You will make it to all the way down to 32, and will need to do 33. So lets get back on track

After you have that Idea what do you do with it? Will...write it down for Lennon's sake. "but its a guitar riff I can play it to remember it" shut the hell up hypothetical person for explanation purposes. I don't don't care what it is write it down, you never know what is going to happen just DO IT! good.

Now we have an Idea, if your lucky the idea may grow off of the pages and bloom into a complete song with out any work at all. LIKE THIS WILL EVER HAPPEN. unless you go to Hogwarts and your writing quill tell you "No, no, I got this you sit back and take all the credit" I'm going to guess you have some holes to fill in, and some gaps to pull together. Easy, your wrote your Idea down right?

WHAT! What you mean you only wrote down the the notes, or the words... THAT NOT EVERYTHING! IF I tell you to write it down I MEAN EVERYTHING. Oh so you want me to explain what I mean by EVERYTHING?

Everything is simple the collective gathering of your idea, What lead up to your idea? Why did it stand out to you? What did your feel, why did you feel that why? What did you do today that made a difference in things? What in the name of Jimmy Page did you eat for breakfast?

Ok I guess that to much, but you really need to write down everything that had to do with that thought? "but what if it was random, just happen?" Then write about it, write about how these notes, or words make you feel. Or how you want them to feel, or sound. Just write.

WHY? because then you always have a turning point. When you write out three versus off of memory and can't write anymore, you can look back and be re-inspired.

In my profession the writing of film scores take weeks, or months. you have to be able to look back at the theme or subject the same why you have from the beginning (or the moment that had them most impact).

See with this song had the chorus that was inspired by a friend I loved vary deeply turning there back on me. Looking at my writings about that day puts the same feeling into as if it just happened.

How has it come to this, life's hollow vain
Abomination own jealousy, insult to sin
Inner being condemn, life's intentions

From there I just took my time, every other day I would just write a bit our at a time. Try out a few chords, maybe a different rhythm. and soon I had a whole song.

Side note - I don't think I'm the best writer, but I'm still uneasy about posting my work on this site. Do your best to respect my work, thank you.

---------------------------------------

Brake!
AHHHHHH!

Unbeknown cure
Insides turning
Synthetic reaction
Still restrained
Control ones self
Actions inexcusable

Target
Recipient
Victim
SAVE HIM

renounced his way
Defecated shame
anxiety rips his soul
numb sensation
Immobilized will
archaic (obsolete) vocation

How as it come to this, empty friend.
pretend your right, dishonestly
souls wreath supported, criminal intent

Target
Recipient
Victim
SAVE HIM

BRAKE!

Marker
Subject
Prey
Target
Victim
Marker
Subject
Prey

SAAAAAAAVE HIIIIIM!!!
RAAAAA! AHHHHH! NOOOOOOO!

----------------------------------------

I want to add in one more verse before the bridge
I hope this helps you guys out in some why.
Peace and Love!

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.