Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Part five - Mix and Mashes

Music and Bands
neomass1  
24 Dec 2010 17:51 | Quote
United States
To day I'm showing two things. Hendrix and some of the amazing thing he did, then The Take Away show.

Growing up in house hold music was about as mix and crazy as a gangster rapper at a bar mitzvah. My dear loving mother Loves the oldies (Frank, Elvis), then some Bon Jovi and Aerosmith. Here's the odd part. She like 2poc, LLcoolJ, and mother!#$%&*# Ice Tea! Its not just my mother its all of my family. Dad - Ozzy, AC-DC ok. then Shaggy Bob Marley Blood Hound Gang WTF? Its like this with the kids to.
So you can guess it was an on time to be growing up in this mash of music, but I am thankful for it. I think I have a wide rage in music (always more to learn), it gave me everything I would need to find my own likes. So far there is nothing solid but a mix of most everything, but it all stated with the blues.

There is something about Robert Johnson that I just can't put words to. Listen to a lot of blues, but dam nothing hits like Johnson. I bring this up because reasonly I've been thing about how music can mix togather, and also Jimi Hendrix. He is a blues classic played by the man him self.

For the last two years I've been working with musicians and music producers, the one thing I've learned is that music and bring people together just as fast as it can bring them apart. I don't like pop or main stream all that much, now and again a song comes out that I can dig. Its for a reason that I don't think most people have (I hope some of you out there think this way to so I don't feel like I'm the only one). When I hear Jay-Z or the new Black Eye Peas, I hear whats missing, I hear what could make it something more then some pop song.

Here is an example Here is Jay-Z's 99 Problems, you know need to here the first 20 secs.

Now I'm only using this as an example. I like the real song better by Hendrix, but I think this is what Jay-z is missing. So emotion!

Do you see what I'm talking about? I don't thing we need to take classics and dub them under cray rappers Jay-Z, but I think everyone should learn from each other. Crap I don't see a reason why music can't blend together, or cross over.

I think about the late 70 early 80, where disco kill off a lot of music just because it was simple and cheep to make. This put a gap in the music world that changed the music world, what makes money. I guess that also why bands left the US to places like Japan where their music was just starting again. This is still going on today.

I think thats why Mix and Mashes are so intriguing to me.

The last thing I'm going to show you is more of a real world fusion of music done by my favorite composer, Yasushi Ishii.

In his music I hear a bit of everything, and all of it I like. Most I have to show and talk about. If you guys have views on music and how it could all come together bit more, or what could make mainstream better tell me. I want to know what you think.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.