Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

V are all rock stars! - India WTF.

Technique
neomass1  
20 Dec 2010 21:26 | Quote
United States
So I've all way been into history of music, and world music. I'll tell you know it has taken me vary far, to place I didn't even know existed. More importantly I found things I didn't even know existed It all started with this.

I thought to my self what do I know about music out side of the western world, and WTF is a sitar? After ten mins on wiki I thought I had a so so understanding of world music. WRONG! Worlds a big place, of dumb of me to forget. I would like to take this time to show all of you guys some of the crazy music, and musical instruments i have seen on my journey of enlightenment.

Lets start with this. I found this man when I was looking into string instruments. With the sitar still on my find, I just got done with the double bass. On the listing next to the bass was something called the OCTOBASS!

http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/board/img/6094_615850568_Octobasse.jpg

If your anything like me first thing that came to you mind a sec ago was HOW THE HELL DO YOU PLAY THAT? Here how.

Feel free to look up these things on your own time, its wroth it to just understand where music has come from over the last 200 years! From this video you can find all kind of crazy OVERLY SIZED INSTRUMENT!

After my why to big to play phase, I wanted to see if this odd fad happen out side of western music. I was cut short on my search from finding the most amazing thing ever! The true combination of western and Indian music

Behold Bazantar!

neomass1  
20 Dec 2010 21:32 | Quote
United States
So I will be adding to this vary often, Just to try and keep up with my past and present findings. This is like maybe 1/24 of the really interesting thing I have found.
Like the six string FRETTED cello like, Violone,

Until tomorrow when I add a few more findings. Post anything you know of, I really look forward to it.
Peace and Love.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.