Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Some lyrics I wrote some time ago

Songwriting
Evan  
29 Oct 2009 13:37 | Quote
United States
As always, gotta give props to the man upstairs for my words.

What is love? What is love but an honest reaction from your heart, and your soul, and your mind. "What is love?" rang through my head. Was it a lie that I once said? And, I can't understand this love.

What is love? It's the bond between God and I. What is love? It's the reason why we cry. What is love? Is it going the extra mile? What is love, what is love, what is love.

The record sings of a time when I saught pleasures of this life. Can you please take my song away from me? Spoken words that I said always seem to change their face. I know you can - please help me BELIEVE.

What is love? It's the bond between God and I. What is love? It's the reason why we cry. What is love? Is it going the extra mile? What is love, what is love, what is love.
BodomBeachTerror  
29 Oct 2009 13:41 | Quote
Canada
Lessons: 2
Licks: 1
well i like it, im not sure how many other people here will tho =p
Evan  
29 Oct 2009 13:43 | Quote
United States
lol, thanks. I'm given the impression from SOME that God-inspired lyrics aren't exacty welcome, heh heh.
fender_bender  
29 Oct 2009 13:55 | Quote
United States
I like it too. I like the 3rd section a lot. To be honest I like these a lot more than A Perfect Circle. Keep it up, man!

I also write God-inspired lyrics like Fragile Hearts that I posted last week. I'm glad I'm not the only God-inspired musician here.
Evan  
29 Oct 2009 14:09 | Quote
United States
Yeah, it's nice to have the kind of kinship.

As far as lyrics go, I think I'm gonna let one of my bandmates do some of the writing for a little while. I'm a bit worn out (lyrically).

Though, I am gonna start working on a song based on a story the aforementioned bandmate told me. See, he had been in a band back in his day and the were playing at this car-wash kind of thing. Well, they were singin a song that either referred to, or was about God. So, the owner of this car-wash heard them and went behind a building to hide the beer he had been drinking. When they got done playing, he told them what he had done and he gave this reason why - "Ya'll were singin about The Man...".

So, I just kinda been working on the idea of it: I can hide from you, I can hide from mysef, and I can hide from the world - But, I just can't hide from The Man.
fender_bender  
29 Oct 2009 14:42 | Quote
United States
Seems like an interesting idea. Although 'the man' is used to refer to one's boss or company. Like 'working for the man' or "stickin' it to the man". I only think about stuff like that, because I distort lyrics in songs all the time to make them funny (for me anyways). Like Anberlin has a song called Whisper and a Clamor or something similar. They say, "Clap your hands all ye children..." In every chorus. Well I sing, "Crap your pants all ye children..." around the house. I'm stupid like that. lol.
Evan  
29 Oct 2009 14:45 | Quote
United States
lol. Well, the way I figure is that if he's the man upstairs, I don't mind being the stock-boy.
nater2  
30 Oct 2009 20:43 | Quote
United States
@evan. do u ever lead worship. i know fender does
Evan  
30 Oct 2009 20:46 | Quote
United States
Well, not LEAD it, but I am the lead guitarist for the church I go to.
nater2  
30 Oct 2009 21:03 | Quote
United States
yea, i play i bass rhythm and lead guitar for mine and for a while i was the only one who played christian before u and fender came.
Evan  
30 Oct 2009 21:17 | Quote
United States
Ahh, I see. Well, that's the way to go, man.

I tell ya, it's kinda busy being a musician in the ministry. I'm playing for the normal services, the spanish service, the occassional youth service, and we're going to different churchs to perform for different concerts they have. On the side, myself and 2 other musicians in my church started a jam/blues/rock/christian band we call "The Greene Band".

What kind of stuff to you do?
nater2  
30 Oct 2009 21:21 | Quote
United States
i do mostly youth stuff (since i am one) and we do mostly modern stuff. crowder, tomlin, charlie hall, leeland, hillsong ect ect ect.
Evan  
30 Oct 2009 21:24 | Quote
United States
Yeah, we do similar. Only thing I don't like is that we do more of the old hymns than the more modern stuff. But, it's all good.
nater2  
30 Oct 2009 21:25 | Quote
United States
yea, i have friends that go to a church that does that stuff.
Evan  
30 Oct 2009 21:27 | Quote
United States
Yeah. Idk, I just get a little bored with those hymns sometimes. Still, I try and remember WHY I'm doing it in the first place,
nater2  
31 Oct 2009 08:04 | Quote
United States
amen to that
fender_bender  
2 Nov 2009 09:56 | Quote
United States
@evan
We took some hymns a spiced them up a bit and they are more enjoyable to play. Like Tis so Sweet, we put a blues/jazz feel to it. And As the Deer, we play it like a ballad. We also play a song called grace Flows Down and in the middle it goes into Amazing Grace. A lot of people seem to enjoy that one. Its more of a ballad too. The hard part is getting people who sing hymns all the time to loosen up and sing more smoothly.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.