Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

TEN Re-issue

Music and Bands
brodyxhollow  
18 Feb 2009 09:16 | Quote
United States
Just curious if anyone here has an opinion on Pearl Jam's Re-Issue of TEN.

As I understand it, they're pretty much re-recording most of the album and releasing it with some extra stuff. I think it's kind of a joke for them to cash in on on something they made when they were good/popular. However, I do like some of the new recordings. The big difference to me though is that the band recording this version of TEN is not the one that recorded the original. If you want to check out some of the songs, go to Pearl Jam's myspace and listen to what they posted.

Just wondering what everyone else thinks...
blackholesun  
18 Feb 2009 11:39 | Quote
United Kingdom
Licks: 1
Pearl Jam aren't the kind of band to do something purely to get more money. I think Ten sounds maybe a little bit polished compared to other PJ albums, maybe they're rerecording it to make it sound a bit rougher?

The only difference as far as members go between PJ in 1991 and now is that they have Matt Cameron from Soundgarden on drums, and he's a decent enough replacement for Dave Krusen.
brodyxhollow  
18 Feb 2009 11:52 | Quote
United States
I don't know. Personally, Ten is my favorite album, and I'm not sure what to think about this.
Crunch  
18 Feb 2009 11:55 | Quote
United States
Like blackholesun said, I don't think anyone in Pearl Jam is going to do something like this just for money. I'd say there's actually a pretty good chance the re-issue will be really cool, they probably have some good ideas if they're going to try it anyway.
brodyxhollow  
18 Feb 2009 11:58 | Quote
United States
I really like what they did with Once. The guitar attacks a lot harder I think.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.