Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Foot Pedals

General Chat
NCFC91  
23 Aug 2008 11:33 | Quote
Hi everyone just wanted a bit of feedback on foot pedals. I own a small one which "fuzzes" the sound up and makes it sound more rockier, and i love this, but i would also like other effects like a "wah wah" and lots of other but its a fairly big piece of equiptment just for one kind of sound. I was wondering weather you could get a foot pedal which has all the effects, obviously this would come at a price, but i would eventually be looking in to a really good foot pedal, if there is such a thing, could you give me a link to a few and recommend any?
baudelaire  
23 Aug 2008 11:47 | Quote
Brazil
look at zooms line.
GRX40  
23 Aug 2008 11:52 | Quote
United States
Licks: 1
^ Yeah, there are "Multi-effects" pedals that have more than one effect in one. As baudelaire said, check out Zoom, but also Digitech, Boss, and Vox.

Generally, you can get better quality effects from individual stomp-boxes, but if you just want to play around and find effects that you like, multi-fx are a good thing.
NCFC91  
23 Aug 2008 12:38 | Quote
http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop/flypage/product_id/31780

if you look at this you can zoom in on the pedal very well and see it all, for example though would i be able to acheive a "wah wah" sound with this advanced foot pedal and how would i know how to do it?
baudelaire  
23 Aug 2008 12:40 | Quote
Brazil
zoom has a 80 dollar unit with a expression pedal, drum machine, almost 50 effects... i personally think that it's better then anything in that price range. and the sound quality as about boss level. usable. now, if you don't have much money, thats where i'd point you. if you HAVE the cash, i'd go for the vox tonelab or a digitech large mfx pedal. i really don't think boss's big mfx rig is worth the money.

yes, that korg would work. what do you mean about the wah...? it's very easy.
Crunch  
23 Aug 2008 16:22 | Quote
United States
As GRX said, a single pedal will usually give you a higher quality sound, whatever it be. If you're looking for Wah-pedals, you can't go wrong with a good ol' Dunlop Cry baby-they're very solidly built and work great. Big Muffs are really good pedals as well (not wahs, obviously). For your kind of all purpose brand, Boss makes lots of good pedals: All kinds of distortion, delay, compression, anything.
foogered  
23 Aug 2008 17:53 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 11
See, I'd argue that you can go wrong with a Dunlop CryBaby. When you're shopping for individual foot pedals, it's taste that counts. Try each and every one. I don't like CryBaby's, so I opted for a Snarling Dog.
Crunch  
23 Aug 2008 19:30 | Quote
United States
I really like my Cry baby. If you want a different sound, you may not like it and could go with something like a Snarling Dog. However, there is no denying it is a very well built pedal, I mean, I could kill an effing rhinoceros with it and it would still perform like a champ.
deefa  
24 Aug 2008 07:23 | Quote
United Kingdom
Have a look at the Digitech GNX range of work stations. Pricey but I'll wager it's all you'll ever want!

http://www.digitech.com/products/GNX4/

The link is for the GNX4. I own the GNX3 which is virtually the same but without a USB connection. You can pick up the GNX3 at a very reasonable price on ebay.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.