Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

recording help

Music and Bands
joe  
16 Jul 2008 15:22 | Quote
United Kingdom
http://media.putfile.com/Charlotte-live

ok this is my bands very first recording lol. opinions?

also what can i do to the mix to make the actual recording sound better.

or do next time.

bearing in mind we used one mic to do all this.
jcb3000  
16 Jul 2008 16:50 | Quote
United Kingdom
very good for a first, good catchy song aswell keep it up. the obvious thing to improve it is to get more mics lol preferably of a better standard. apart from that sounds good
Skold  
16 Jul 2008 17:09 | Quote
United States
The guitar sounds very muffled, so I would suggest bringing down the mids on it's track.

It sounds a bit like The Shins, only punkier.

The vocals need to be turned up a lot, too.
joe  
17 Jul 2008 01:39 | Quote
United Kingdom
ah thanks guys. it is only a cover but we do have some other stuff were working on as well.

@skold. we didnt have seperate tracks we just recorded it all at once. should i turn down the mid on the amp instead or edit all the mids after its finished recordng?

i would have put one of our our own songs up but it ends up turning into a giant beatboxing remix lol.

Skold  
17 Jul 2008 05:28 | Quote
United States
I would say turn down the mids on the amp
Empirism  
17 Jul 2008 10:02 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
what equipment your band use for recording?
as skold said, vocals can be turned up.

other way to get vocals more clear... For me it sounds that every instrument and vocal come from center, so if you can somehow panorate say guitar away from center say little left in stereo picture.

also equalization would help when lowering guitar frequency for that where vocal frequency boosted helps a lot.

Other than that. It was nice. and if you have possibility to use mixer or someotherkind of an sequencer it would be easy to mix to sound great. Keep up the good work.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.