Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Peavey Audition 110 Guitar Amp

Instruments and Gear
SouthernGuy82  
27 May 2008 10:27 | Quote
United States
My peavy amp has two channels, clean and distortion. I got it for 100 bucks. Everything was working fine until I plugged in a distortion peddal made be DOD I think. THE AMP WAS SET ON CLEAN CHANNEL and this screeching sound started really loud so I shut off the amp and unplugged the peddel. Well I plugged directly into the amp(No Peddal)and on the distortion channel it makes a fast wobbling sound when two note are played either by hammering on or together. The sound is well hard to explain. Almost like a rate knob on a chorus peddel turned all the way upbut faster. My guitar is a Dean Cadi-X with active EMGS 81 and 85. The amp is 75 watt max, 12 inch speaker. I thought maybe it was the guitar or something so I played it through my Dads amp(Crate 200 watt) and it does the same thing but we also used the peddal on his amp and the same thing happened. So now being the stupid ones we are both amps are doing it now. I put new strings and set intonation and tuned the guitar and it still does it only now worse over time. It also doesnt matter what volume its on it does it all the time. It also does it with full bar chords when notes are picked individually. Everything just runs together and sound crappy. The clean channel is fine. Any suggestions on what the problem is. Its not a tube amp. I think its either pre-amp or solid state, not too sure cause I dont know much about amps at all.
les_paul  
27 May 2008 10:41 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 3
Licks: 2
I went through the same thing with my Marshall. I say take it in and get it looked at. I ended up trading mine in for something else, I didn't really like the amp anyway.
SouthernGuy82  
27 May 2008 10:48 | Quote
United States
Yeah I wasnt too happy with mine either. If I could get it fixed Ill sell it. Hey check out the amp post I put in cause I need some help buying one.
SouthernGuy82  
27 May 2008 10:49 | Quote
United States
Oh did you ever find out what yours was doing?
les_paul  
27 May 2008 13:36 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 3
Licks: 2
No I just traded it in.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.