Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

guitar2pc

Technique
supPuss  
8 Sep 2012 12:37 | Quote
will be buying a new pc pretty soon, so discuss ways to hook-up a gtr to it, as a midi-controller [sounding like whatever], using a pc to record stuff, your setups, your experiences, whats easy etc
DanielM  
8 Sep 2012 16:19 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 1
To record midi using a guitar you'd need a guitar with hexaphonic pickups, that way it can take each note each string is playing and convert it to midi data including the actual note, velocity etc etc.

There are problems with hexaphonic pickups in that there's a greater chance for noise to enter the signal and distort values compared to the more traditional keyboard controller. But hey its not a wind controller so its not as bad as it could get.

Could always get a nice keytar? Rely on an analogue setup as opposed to digital, it could be easier to set up for recording as well (I've had pains before trying to find the right driver for digital music equipment that was released pre windows 7, but I found working drivers everytime so it just depends on your levels of patience and how much effort you're willing to put into just setting up)

Well that's my 2 cents. I might have fluffed up some details as I'm not an expert of midi controllers (I have a nice keyboard I stick to).

...Oh how could I forget there's something like a rockband game were you can buy a controller that is a fully functioning midi guitar controller with strings etc etc, look it up!!!
supPuss  
10 Sep 2012 08:04 | Quote
cool def wont use gtr to capture midi, im not that hung up on using a gtr controller i just thought it was simple... def gonna go for a simple keyboard/synth

is this a good emulator? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Rig

what is a good recording interface?
DanielM  
11 Sep 2012 02:33 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 1
Guitar rig does have some really good sounds, I have it but I've never really used it so I can't say how good. Amplitube is also meant to be really good as well, I think amplitube has a free version and then you pay small amounts for extra amps, etc meanwhile guitar rig there is no free version. So with that logic try amplitube first.

As for recording interface I can't say sorry, just do some googles and see what professionals are saying
supPuss  
19 Sep 2012 10:44 | Quote

btw you might wanna register here, http://rutracker.org/forum/index.php they have almost anything i ever looked for available and seeding... sometime its hard to DL the best version if you don't know Russian but anyway its only a bit time-wasting, again almost anything i ever looked for they have available and seeding

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.