Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

arpeggios

General Chat
Tilikidis  
15 Aug 2007 03:10 | Quote
Canada
ive just got a question about the "properties" column on the arpeggio link. can someone thoroughly explain it?
Tilikidis  
15 Aug 2007 14:19 | Quote
Canada
if you donno what im talking about well im referring to the arpeggio link on this very website. what are steps and what do the numbers in chromatic step or w.e mean. all in all i dont understand much of the properties column/box w.e you wanna call it. it would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me out with that, thanks.
bodom  
15 Aug 2007 16:55 | Quote
Canada
Lessons: 4
Hey well what parts do you not understand? The "chord" is the chord the arpeggio is based off.(Arpeggio's are chords played as individual notes.) So then the "Name" is if it's major minor add9 etc. "Symbols" are symbols of that chord. Notes are the notes in that chord/arpeggio. "Steps" are the steps in the Key so for example C major notes are C E & G in the Key of "C" these notes are the 1st 2nd and 3rd
Tilikidis  
16 Aug 2007 03:17 | Quote
Canada
i still dont get the steps, succesive steps and the degrees in chromatic.... what do those numbers mean. many i need to look into chords more? do u think that would clarify it?
Tilikidis  
16 Aug 2007 03:18 | Quote
Canada
bodom  
16 Aug 2007 15:49 | Quote
Canada
Lessons: 4
yeah man check out my lessons KEYS then read CHORDS it may help you out
mightydave  
16 Aug 2007 16:45 | Quote
Belgium
@Tilikidis

steps: steps that make up the arpeggio, for example C major arpeggio is 1 3 5 that means , 1st , 3rd and 5th note of the C major scale make A C major arpeggio so C major C D E F G A B C is C E G

degrees in chromatic: again C major arpeggio here is 1 5 8, so instead of c major we take C chromatic scale C C# D D# E F F# G G# A A# B C , so 1st , fifth and 8th is again C E G

successive steps : this is the frets between the notes that make up the arpeggio 4-3-5 in example of C major so first between C and E there are 4 half steps (or frets) between it, E -G are three and G and C are five steps between it.

and for all other arpeggios like minor and major 7th etc also just begin with the original major scale and you'll get the same results

this is what you wanted to know?
Tilikidis  
16 Aug 2007 22:28 | Quote
Canada
yes its exactly what i wanted to know. thanks a lot dude.
mightydave  
17 Aug 2007 15:58 | Quote
Belgium
no problem ;)

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.